What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata 'hairy red"

d1ae2233.jpg

N. ventricosa (k)
808ee7b8.jpg

N. lowii x veitchii
5f55d435.jpg

N. maxima x TM
e971a6df.jpg

N. ventricosa x XTiveyi
faebe719.jpg

Finally, N. ephippiata -- making the transition to upper pitchers
b237e545.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:love:
Your plants are nothing short of stunning.
Awesome shots, too!

WOW!!!! How big is that Hamata Red Hairy? Any pics of the Full plant? All your plants are AMAZING!!!!

I'm looking forward to some pics of those ephippiata uppers in the near future! :drool:

Wow, very well grown! I hope my collection ends up having nice pitchers like that 5 years down the road. And the maximaXTM peristome is just brilliant!

Very nice red hairy hamata too :drool: - do you have other hamatas that are the "regular" kind that have green and red/brown spots and aren't hairy? I was wondering if you do, what sort of different environmental factors the red hairy kind needs - I've heard they need it cooler during the day, so I'm just trying to hear different people's experiences. Also if you have any thoughts on if the two (red-hairy and not) are the same species or cousins, but closely related?

WOW!!!! How big is that Hamata Red Hairy?

I'm guessing that pitcher is perhaps a bit over 5cm tall. This form of N. hamata is much, much slower growing than the "regular" hamata, at least for me.

Thanks for the kind comments...

I'm guessing that pitcher is perhaps a bit over 5cm tall. This form of N. hamata is much, much slower growing than the "regular" hamata, at least for me.

So are you talking about like, villosa slow?

How picky/Temperamental would you say the Red hairy is? Compared to what other nep?

Love the ephippiata, and love the ventricosa. Picture perfect.

Nice RHH! I hope my veitchii x lowii looks half as nice as your lowii x veitchii when it get's that size. Not too much longer and it'll be there.

Sexy plants all around. That eppiphiata (sp?) looks so confused!

Back