What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newly re-potted Cephalotus

My largest Cephalotus was in a 15cm (6") pot and in desperate need of re-potting, so today I moved it into a 23cm (9") pot...

pic1.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

pic4.png

Good job, looks awesome! Seems pretty green, is it the clone or the lighting?
Andrew

Good job, looks awesome! Seems pretty green, is it the clone or the lighting?
Andrew
It's the clone. It sits on a windowsill that gets good light, often direct sunlight, but it never takes on much colour.

Nice, I like it :)

Quite the clump you have there. :0o:

Reminds me of salad!

:drool: One day.. it will be mine, OH YES.. it will be mine. :hail:

WOW!!!! Very nice Cephalotus there. How many Growth points is your Ceph? My Hummers Giant is a 14 to 15 growth pointer. A lot of them are freshly new tiny growth points emerging from my plant.
Yours looks very awesome and well grown. Keep us updated with more pics.

Interesting looking media. What's in it?

Nice plant.

Nice. The coloration is definitely interesting. Is it kind of metallic or diffractive in person?
~Joe

Oh wow... Hopefully someday soon I can grow out a monster like this... I could stare at that all day :D taking pic it had so much potiential

I agree with everyone else. That's a great looking Cephalotus!

WOW!!!! Very nice Cephalotus there. How many Growth points is your Ceph? My Hummers Giant is a 14 to 15 growth pointer. A lot of them are freshly new tiny growth points emerging from my plant.
Yours looks very awesome and well grown. Keep us updated with more pics.
I've never actually counted them but I observe a new cluster forming on the outside every now and then.

Interesting looking media. What's in it?

The media is 2 parts dried New Zealand moss, 1 part perlite, 1 part peat, 1 part sharp sand and a very small amount of wood charcoal. All measurements are approximate as I tend to make mixed by feel and appearance rather than quantity. I top water newly potted plants to try to wash some of the media around the roots and this leads to the smaller particles being washed through from the surface so the peat and sand is not very visible.

Nice. The coloration is definitely interesting. Is it kind of metallic or diffractive in person?
~Joe

The pitchers were wet when I took the picture as I had just sprayed off some of the potting mix.

I guess I was more referring to the way that the red/yellow hues on the pitcher sides seems to vary with the camera angle. Maybe it's the flash/lighting I'm seeing. Regardless, very neat. You usually see these in pictures with just one plant so I suppose it's easy to forget how much variation there is just among unnamed specimens.
~Joe

Oh wow... Hopefully someday soon I can grow out a monster like this... I could stare at that all day :D taking pic it had so much potiential
Given the right conditions, you might not have to wait too long. Here's a picture of the same plant from August 2007...

ceph_clumping_2007.jpg

Wow! What conditions do you grow it in?!? :0o:

Wow! What conditions do you grow it in?!? :0o:
It just grows on my sunny (not too often in Scotland!) kitchen windowsill. I use the tray/saucer watering method - the pot sits in a saucer of water which I refill when it empties.

Back