What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

Newbie (kinda)

These message boards are great, and I'm glad I stumbled across them.  I thought I'd stop in and say hi and introduce myself, since I imagine I'll be on here in the not-too-distant future asking for help and advice (I'm just glowing with confidence, aren't I?)
    I used to grow VFT's when I was younger, but back then I lived in New Jersey where the climate (aside from the cruel winters) was more suitable for growing VFT's.  Now, however, fourteen years later, I live in the deserts of Arizona.  I ordered a double plant of Green Dragon VTF's and a double of Dentate VFT's, and I'm presently waiting for the order to go through.  I have a small aquarium with a glass lid with removeable parts so I can have some air flow waiting for the new guests. I'm going to do some experimenting with lighting (bright windows, or maybe artificial if I ave to), as I'm sure a few 116 degree days will cook them when summer gets into full swing.
    Anyway, I hope things go well with these - I'm sure there'll be a huge learning curve trying to grow VFT's in this climate.  I'm sure I'll get to know most of you over time, and I'm looking forward to talking with some like-minded people on here.  Happy growing, and I'll talk to you later.

Tom

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Hey, welcome to the forums!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif