What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cindy

Staff member
I got the following via trade this week. :boogie:

U. longifolia
U. calycifida
U. reticulata
U. striatula
U. bisquamata
U. livida
U. praelonga
U. subulata
U. parthenopipes
U. dichotoma

Just a question...they are all potted up in peat and sand, 1:1 mix...is there any particular ones which might enjoy a looser media? Thanks!

Yeah... throw in the Perlite! They do tend to want to spread beneath the surface and I think a looser mix would be a good idea.

i grow,
U. longifolia
U. calycifida
U. livida
U. subulata
U. dichotoma

ive flowered all of them except longifolia. easy. rewarding. technically ive never flowered subulata...it just sends up those stalks with the seedpods. your gonna love em all though :D
Alex

Subulata. Lol. Don't even try stopping it... don't even encourage it!

I grew longifolia in LFS, but peat may work for it... it may want a looser mix though.

Cole

longifolia might want a looser mix.............have grown all the others(except U. reticulata and U. striatula, never have grown these) in pure peat with no problems. longifolia and calycifida will prolly need atleast 4 inch pots as these two like to have room but the others could be grown in 2 inch pots just fine.........most of these terrestrial Utrics are only really interested in the top 1/2 inch or less of the soil if divided regularly......short of using clay or pure sand its hard to make that portion of the soil to compact for these species to utilize it

Back