What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Cp's

Hey guys. I was browsing through some magazine and saw a venus fly trap and thought to myself, "holy crap, that'd be an awesome little pet".

A few hours later I'm on here checking some stuff out. Anyone know of some good resourceful CP websites? I'm looking for sites (not very successfully) on finding different species and types of cp's, basic how to's on planting, and general care info. This way I won't be one of those "newbs" that comes here and floods the boards with ?'s that have been asked a hundred times. :)

Thanks

Welcome to TF! I would also recomment purchasing a copy of Savage Garden. This book covers the "lion's share" of species and hybrids, along with pictures and varieties of cultivating methods, also covering the basic newbie questions.

Thanks guys! You're a big help

savage garden is your BIBLE!
You're only allowed to link to one vendor, and that's www.flytrapshop.com . Flytraps go dormant in the winter though as you might have found out, so the best time to get one of those would be sometime in spring. Keep an eye on the trading section of the forum, sometimes there are giveaways there. Nepenthes are really cool, check out that site phissionkorps linked to. There's a section of the site also that might just help you find some places to buy CPs too.

Welcome! THIS site is a great resource. :)

And FlyTrapShop.com, who supports this forum, is an excellent place for good healthy flytraps and other CPs. Its nothing like getting your plants from someone who has personally grown them for many many years so they know how to take care of them.

I second that :)

I'm new to cp too! they're quite interesting really. i'll check out those sites that you posted. thanks for sharing!

Welcome! I'm surprised no one has mentioned Barry Rice's site, yet. Plenty of good reading here, too, if you use the search function.

xvart.

Barry Rice has quite a delicious way of expressing things and creative with experiments! Gotta love toe-jam as VFT food!

Welcome!:-D
Have you found and looked around the ICPS?

-Josh

Back