What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Terrarium

I went to the NARBC reptile show here in texas today and I am really losing it. I manage to spend every dime that I had to spend and got nothing for reptiles. I ended up getting a new terrarium. I got a Exo Terra 36x18x24high terrarium for a new indoor greenhouse for my Cps and orchids. Now I might be able to be like the other cool kids here and have a green house photo thread with some nice plants in a small greenhouse....someday.

I think those are the terrariums with the screen lids, get a piece of real glass cut to cover the top so you retain enough humidity for Neps and orchids. The vents on the front are good enough to keep the glass relatively fog free with the top covered. Real glass is cheaper than plexi and it doesn't warp or discolor like plexi does. Use fine sandpaper wraped around a piece of wood to polish the razor sharp edges of the cut glass.

Lowes and Ace Hardware stores will both cut glass for you for free if you tell them the dimensions you want (up to 36" length) when you ask for glass.

yup those are the ones. I have glass over the top opening of one of the smaller ones that I have right now and it works pretty good. I do like the airflow that they allow for.

i have two of those and the humidity is fine without any lid on it at all. i noteced with a lid it heats up too much with the lighting i have

Well here it is. It is not up to 100% of what the smaller ones were but the fogger and misting system will be hooked back up tomorrow and a better set of shelves for placing the plants on and closer to the light.

395358_302960686429356_100001462809283_831353_1918842523_n.jpg

very nice. what misting system do you have? is it the monsoon rain system by exo terra?
I had that one for a week and the motor burned out because my little one kept turning it on when i was at work.....it ran dry and yea so dont let it run dry......

Yeah I have a monsoon misting system and a walgreens cool mist fogger that I hook up to a set of tubes to provide extre humidity.

Back