What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New sundews plus a mystery sticky plant

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
At the plant festival yesterday, I got some sundews in addition to my VFT. I got some D. Burmanni, D. Indica, and a mystery plant that is covered with Pinguicula-like tentacles and it happens to form a stem.

newpotsundews2.jpg

The mystery plant is the green plant between the Indica, Burmanni, and pygmy sundew. Any idea what kind of plant it is?

mysteryCP1.jpg

Not from this distance, no. I would say Devil's Claw maybe?

Not from this distance, no. I would say Devil's Claw maybe?

It's too small to be a Devil's Claw. When they first sprout, they are fairly big compared to other seedlings. I know that when I uprooted it and planted it in this pot, it had a very large root system for such a small plant.

could be a petunia seedling lol.
ive got about 60 of em in the backyard right now, each are covered in small sticky hairs (which is a defense mechanism in petunias)

could be a petunia seedling lol.
ive got about 60 of em in the backyard right now, each are covered in small sticky hairs (which is a defense mechanism in petunias)

That's possible. I'll let it grow a little more and see what develops.

Capensis?They pile up but the leaves are long right...

Back