What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New seedlings!

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
well I see seedlings of D. nidiformis and D. indica today, they were both planted Dec 1; still waiting on D. petiolaris and D. burmannii. I've kept nghttime temps above 69°F and days at around 85° and humidity at 85% days to 92% nights.

Hey, Congradulations ludwig! Good luck on the others that havent sprouted yet.

Cole

Hey Ludwig777 that was pretty quick germination, esp. for indica which can be a little reluctant! Congratulations! As to the petiolaris plants, hang in there. They are very difficult to germinate, so don't give up even if you must wait a year!

Thanks for the encouragement esp on the petiolaris...I have 2 humidifiers running 12 hours a day (during daylight hours) in the greenhouse, I estimate about 2 gallons of pure water a day pumped in the air in a 6' x 10' x 8'high space, this has done wonders for my utricularias(&#33
wink.gif
and I assume the Drosera seeds as well; of course I will keep a close eye out for fungus although I've been pretty lucky so far...

Back