What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New SEEDBANK of the GFP

Hello,

The new seedbank of the GFP (Gesellschaft für fleischfressende Pflanze - the german CP Soyciety) is online now. It is run by Rico Hiemann, who also programmed the sites. It is free to be used by everyone. You can find the seedbank here :

http://seeds.carnivoren.org

The seedbank works on a credit system. That means depending on the species and the quantity of seeds you send in you will get a certain amount of credits, which you can exchange for other seeds. You can also buy seeds there. The complete description can be seen here :

http://samen.carnivoren.org/beschreibung.php?lang=en

Rico plans on taking pictures of the seeds, that are sent in to show on the page of the seedbank. This should help to prevent spreeding wrong labeled plants. At least it can be a help in many species. Every seed, that is sent in will get an unique code. With this code you will (in the future, programming is still in process ) be able to comment the seeds and look at other members comments. There is also an Email notification planed.

To have success with this concept, we need you! So, feel free to participate there.

Regards,
Christian

Hi Christian
So if i sent in a load of sarra seeds would i be able to pick up some nep seeds ? Does it work that way??

Bye for now julian

Hi,

Yes, that's how it works. If you donate seeds (no matter which seeds) you will get a certain amount of credits. These credits can be exchanged for other seeds.

Christian

Thank you so much Christian...that sounds great.
smile.gif

It is a wonderful site, and I will be pleased to offer my seeds to the Seedbank. I love the quality of the seed photos!

Hi,

I'm not the one, who has done all the work. I just posted it out in all the forums and lists. Rico Hiemann has programmed this site and done all the pictures! We should thank him for this great site. I hope it will be successfull and many seeds are offered soon.

Christian

Many thanks to Rico! Good job!
smile.gif

Back