What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New plants mailed to me

I just ordered four plants: N. bongso, N. albomarginata, N. stenophylla, and N. mikei.

I would just like a little insight at the size of the pitchers, lower and upper, and the plant itself. Growth rate, on a scale of very slow, slow, medium, fast, and very fast, would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

N. bongso is very pretty (at least the lowers are) and it can obtain quite a rather large size. Growth is moderately slow.

N. mikei is a cute little plant with pitchers around 5 inches tall and grows relatively fast.

I've seen pictures all of them, i agree that bongso lowers are beautiful.

Hmm... mikei was a little smaller than i thought it would be, i though bongso was smaller.

About how large are the pitchers on bongso?

Thanks
Dave

OK...

N. bongso - highland - lowers get reasonably large and are deep purple, uppers are pure green. The plant overall is reasonably large. It is grows at a fairly decent pace.

N. albomarginata - lowland/intermediate - can be fairly slow in the rosette stage but can grow rapidly once vining. Pitchers are fairly small, but vary a bit depending on variety. Is not such a big plant, but internodes can be distantly placed in climbing stem. Not much difference between uppers and lowers.

N. stenophylla - highland - not a fast grower, medium sized, lowers are specked purple on cream and are a bit larger than uppers, which are simalarly coloured but a bit paler.

N. mikei - highland - a diminutive species, both in terms of leaf and pitcher size, rapid grower, climbing stem again has decent internodal distance. Uppers are paler than lowers.

Thanks SydneyNeps.
That's just the info i was looking for. Still not sure of bongso upper pitcher size though, are they about the same?
Thanks
Dave

Thanks
I'm looking foreward to their arrival even more now.
smile.gif

Thanks
Dave

Back