What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Well, my new order arrived today (one Sarracenia Minor and one Pinguicula Caerulea). On the way home from a friend's house, I stopped by Lowes to pick up some soil. In the garden center, they had Nepenthes for sale, so I got one of those too.

Here's my new Nepenthes Ventrata (it's labeled a "Sarracenia Purpurea ??? )
Nepenthes.jpg

Here is my new Pinguicula Caerulea that arrived a few hours ago but appears to be dead :(
sickbutterwort1.jpg

And I repotted all of my plants from a minibog to individual pots. Therefore, here's the new setup:
outdoorplants3.jpg

Thoughts?

Your ''S. purpurea'' is very nice lol Looks like they're getting pampered, sunlight AND hot tub, i dont suppose they got a massage to did they ? :)

Ha ha! Is there a picture of the Sarracenia plant on the label? I bought a N. Velvet tagged with a photo marker as N. Miranda before but at least they got the genus right on the tag even if the picture didn't match the pitcher...

A Ventra like that was my first Nep - I got a length of vine (with no pitchers) from my uncle in 2000 or so. He bought it years before marked as "N. Alata". I still see them with that Alata tag anywhere they sell the retail Nep baskets.

Ha ha! Is there a picture of the Sarracenia plant on the label? I bought a N. Velvet tagged with a photo marker as N. Miranda before but at least they got the genus right on the tag even if the picture didn't match the pitcher...

That Ventra was my first Nep - I got a length of vine from my uncle in 2000 or so. He bought it years before marked as "N. Alata". I still see them with that tag anywhere they sell the retail Nep baskets.

Yeah, it had a picture of the Sarracenia on the label and it said that it should be grown as a pond plant.

At least with that blatant of a mistake (and a picture on the tag to confirm mis-identification to an unCP savvy customer) there's no chance someone will later be trying to sell cuttings of a "vining Sarracenia"...
I need one of those! :D

Back