What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New plant from local nursery

I found this for 7 bucks at a local nursery here in Fort Collins yesterday.  Of course it was unlabeled.  The pitchers are about 8 inches tall.  I'm guessing S. rubra or some cross with S. flava.  What's all of your take on it?

newsara1.jpg

newsara3.jpg

looks like flava to me, you are extremely lucky, nothing here has anything that good

That's a pretty good deal for a plant that size ! over here they sell cps that are as small as 2-3 inches for 12 bucks !!! + tax ! My guess on the id of this plant would be either an S. flava or an S. alata , have any idea what company it came from ?

WOW
smile_k_ani_32.gif

You are so lucky to pick up a plant from a store.

I thought for sure S. flava as well, in fact I had S. flava in my post, and then erased it. I guess I just couldn't believe that a local nursery would have an S. flava. Also, the way it clumped with multiple crowns is characteristic of some S. rubra I've had. I thought maybe just a deformed S. rubra due to poor growing conditions, but looking at the pitchers again, there is no way they resemble S. rubra. I suppose S. flava or alata or some cross between the two is probably correct. I sure wish the commercial growers would lable what they grow, so you would no for sure what the taxonomy of the plant is.

JJ

Back