What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think N. predator x N. hamata would look so cool!

Some great looking plants there guys,All we have had at the moment is cold dull days so neps are kipping at the moment but pitchers are being formed slowly so hopefully i can take a few snaps sooooon.
Bye for now julian

One just openned on my x 'Miranda' (I know, I know, no big feat)
I have several about to open on (one each)
eymae, jaquelenae, x 'Ilse di France' and stenophylla
not so far away is that aristo pitcher!

This morning, i took a tally of my nep's current largest pitcher sizes. Here they are:
N. ephippiata: 1"
ampullaria: 1"
rajah: 1.25"
lowii: 1.5"
albomarginata: 1.5"
macrophylla: 1.5"
macfarlanei: 1.75" (still forming)
hamata: 2"
fusca: 2"
bicalcarata: 2"
burbidgeae: 2.25"
stenophylla (still forming) 3"
reinwardtiana: 3.5"
truncata: 3.75"
mikei: 4"
maxima: 4.25"
ventricosa: 4.5"
coplandii: 4.5"
sanguinnea: 5"
bongso: (still forming) 5.5"
alata: 6.25"
X Ventrata: 8 INCHES, my largest plant so far.

See you
Dave

Emmerane just keeps going! 1 in.+ pitcher on a 2in. plant!
Fusca sarawak opened at 3in,and the next one looks even more promising!
N.ventricosa "red" growing pitchers on it`s 2 ft vine.
vent "red x green" seedlings pitchering nicely.
ventricosa "typical" man that thing must have 100 or more pitchers since I chopped it back!
N.sanguinea swelling a nice 1 1\2 in. pitcher.

Realy nice mac!

Very interesting to see the difference in Predator pitchers. Here's mine:

NPredatorPitcher.jpg

And a few other goodies:

N. maxima x (northiana x veitchii) - Up around 35cm (14") tip to tip.
NmaximaXnorthianaXveitchii.jpg

N. tobaica x amp - kind of reminds me of a nest of baby birds begging for food!
NAmpXTobaica.jpg

N. (tobaica x ovata) x (bellii x veitchii)
NtobaicaXovataXbelliiXveitchii.jpg

Tiny little N. muluensis
NMuluensis.jpg

AJ

Aaron,

Once again superb plants and great photography from you! I'd love to post some pics, but my camera died and I can't afford a new one at the moment. I note the colour of your maxima x (northiana x veitchii) - is it the pierensis or dark hybrid? I have the maxima-dark x (northiana x veitchii), and the peristome and spots are a very dark red, but the pitcher itself is much greener. Mine is growing in a hanging basket like yours, and as it was almost falling out of the pot, it is now putting out 7 basal shoots!

Hamish

Very impresive and colorful plants you have there Aaron! I realy like the color of the N. (tobaica x ovata) x (bellii x veitchii) That predator reminds me of N.fusca sarawak till you get to the peristome that is!

Hamish,

I think it's the dark.

That pitcher has only just opened. The peristome and spots will turn a very dark blood red/brown. As for the more green of yours... I have this plant in about the highest light area of my glasshouse. The whole plant has that slightly lighter green to yellowish tinge that some plants get when they are nearing their max tolerance of light levels. It's been in that position for ages and does not seem too fussed. However, I bet if I moved it to a lower light area it'd go back to that rich green, but the problem their is room. I'm just about out of it!

PB,

That is quite a colourful hybrid, but I must concede that the camera did seep to saturate the red for some reason, to it's slightly over exaggerated!

AJ

I really like tha amp hybrid! thats an amazing plant. Those pitchers are so tubby. I'm all about teh ubbed out pitchers.

Where di dyou get that plant? That was just added to my needt o purchase list.

Jess,

Pretty commonly available hybrid here in Australia. You can get them from Triffid Park.

It certainly has Amp-like behaviour with loads of basal shoots and some difficulty in getting the climbing vine to pitcher. However it’s much more tolerant of cooler conditions than a true Amp.

VERY easy grower.

AJ

Aaron,

Very nice. I too, like that amp hybrid.

Cheers,

Joe

Here's my aforementioned new truncata highland pitcher after it colored up. I wish I could have gotten a pic from the front, but it's facing the wall, and I didn't feel like trying to get it out of there.

truncatahl.jpg

truncatahlclose.jpg

Back