What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone have a new pitcher open on their neps that they'd like to brag about? Well here's where you can do it! Pics are always nice, i'll work on it today/tomorrow.

I've got new pitchers open on:
N. rajah (2-3 CM tall)
N. bicalcarata (4 CM tall)
N. albomarginata (2 CM tall)
N. ventricosa (5 inches tall)

Coming soon:
N. ephippiata
N. macfarlanei
N. maxima
N. sanguinea
N. alata
N. ventricosa (tons of them!)
N. copelandii
N. stenophylla
N. bongso

I can't wait! All of these pitchers are at least 25% (give or take) formed.

My truncata highland is almost finished with one... 8" tall so far, could be 9" when it opens. It isn't that big, relatively, but it's kind of a big deal because I accidently damaged the pitcher bud on the leaf that came before it. So there's a big constrast between the last pitcher I got and this one.
smile.gif

Also have a ventrata cutting I took from my main plant a long time ago that's about to open its first pitcher that could be considered a mature one.

my highland veitchii with a striped peristrome is opening up its first pitcher for me. its about 6-7 inches tall. ill post a pic in a day or two. my bongso is producing two pitchers, the first since i got it. dont look like much now but hopefully they will color up before long.

my Merriliana just opened its firts mature pitcher for me and its about 6". My truncata is starting to be the biggest with its newest pitcher being avout 8-9"

My N.fusca sarawak is about to open a very nice 3in. fuzzy brown\red pitcher:) And my N.emmerane that The cutting rotted and I managed to save the bud on the top is about to open it`s first pitcher wich is about the size of it`s leaves:)

Nice, my newest ventrata pitcher (which i failed to mention earlier) was damaged at about 50% inflation. I will only say that i was refilling the humidifier and the ventrata is very close to it. When i put the tank back on, splat. Strangely enough, it only suffered two small rips on the sides of the pitcher, and it it almost an inch larger than the previous one.

I also failed to mention my N. burbidgeae whose inflating pitcher is showing some dazzling coloring. I'll be sure to post a pic upon opening.

My N. lowii pitcher just opened. But its like 3/4 of an inch tall.

My ventricosa X inermis just opened a nice 4 inch upper pitcher with 3 or 4 more on the way ::p: Theres even a flower scape coming out of the top.
my N. coccinea is producing lots of new pitchers. I noticed 3, yes 3, basal shoots coming up on that, and the first basal is already producing a pitcher.
my N. ventrata also has lots of new pitchers inflating. This plant has 4 basal shoots and has it's first uppers forming.
the N. ampullaria has a new pitcher and another on the way, and the N. mixta has a new one coming.
My ventricosa, sanguinea, and judith finn are all popping new ones all the time
smile_m_32.gif

N. ventricosa's newest: TWO INCHES! PARRR-TAY!!

Well, i haven't measured it, so i don't know for sure. Here are pics of burbidgeae and rajah, i would have taken all of them, but the battery on my camera died.
rajah:
PICT0262.jpg

burbidgeae:
PICT0261.jpg

I'm happy, that's the first burbidgeae pitcher i got so far.
smile.gif

Here are some newbies. First, I liked the look of this baby pitcher. It's going to be a biggie. N. maxima var. Superba:
N_maxima_var_superba_3.sized.jpg

Here's the latest N. x Predator pitcher to open:
N_x_Predator3.sized.jpg

Here's the latest N. x Splendiana:
N_x_Splendiana_5.sized.jpg

Capslock

sweet zombie jesus! beautiful as usual capslock!

Wow
Great photos of some super plants,the pred is coming along a treat
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

How could I forget my new N. lowii pitcher? The first one with the hairs on the lid. Woohoo!!! (It's still a tiny plant, I know)

N_lowii3.sized.jpg

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]sweet zombie jesus! beautiful as usual capslock!
that's hilarious! lol
biggrin.gif

wow... I didn't know N. lowii pitchers could be so dark!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Nice plants Capslock! Great predator.
Looks like the "Trus Madi" version of lowii? Great color! Must see more!

Haven't had alot of time and the weather has not been cooperative with photo taking.  Had some sun today so snapped this quick while I was pulling plants. (Incase anyone is wondering the plant is about 10" diameter and the pitcher is about 7")

Backlit N. predator just open for a few days and starting to color up.  
Npredtemp.jpg

Tony

Back