What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pitcher pictures

my N. veitchii
veitchii.jpg

my N. bongso, hopefully i can get the peristrome to turn a nice glossy black like the ones that were on it when i recieved it
bongso.jpg

Very nice pitchers, rattler.

I absolutely LOVE that Veitchii of yours.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Also is the veitchii, a highland or lowland variety? Thanks.

highland but not terribly picky, im growing it as an intermediate

how big is the plant (veitchii)?

Nice for veitchii. I personally hate Neps like it and truncata (which is ironic since I like truncata's leaves). No seriously I hate the way the pitchers look. Just my opinion

i like the flaired peristrome. the plant is about 3 feet tall. i got it as a cutting last August.

Wow. I like how much the veitchii is striped. My striped veitchii isn't as striped as yours and the stripes aren't as wide.

Rattler....that is a wonderful plant. The best example of striping in veitchii I've ever seen.

Wow!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Those are gorgeus! You wouldn`t happen to have an extra cutting(no matter how small,I`ve rooted tiny 'keikis' off N.emmerane that was less then an inch.).

Very nice N. veitchii.

Noah, you'll need WAY more than N. emmarae to even think about getting that N. veitchii!

EDIT:

PS- ask about trading material via the PM please.

I am now officially your best friend.
smile_m_32.gif

I have a forming bongso pitcher too, it's almost 6" tall, and i hope i can get it a glossy black color too.

I just remembered that i have a new maxima pitcher too, man i need more pics.

Nep G i got the cutting after about an hour of begging, purchasing $60 in orchids AND paying another $50 for the 2.5 ft cutting itself. when i saw it i just had to have a piece and boy do i think it was worth it, probably the most i have ever done for a plant. it is a cutting off of a display plant at Orchids Limited outside of Minniapolis, MN. the owner said that he has had the plant for over 20 years and judging by the size of the plant i would say that 20 years was a conservitive estimate. it was absolutly monstrous, i bet there was well over 25 feet of vine wrapped around a simmulated tree trunk. and to top it off its a female. it is the one that bloomed for me this winter. unfortunatly i dont think it was rooted enough to support the spike very well and the spike dried up before any mature seed formed.

sorry Noah, i have promiced a piece to an individual but that is the only cutting i plan on taking any time in the near future.

That was a cheap buy! (the cutting being priced at $50) I am surprized Jerry didn't charge you double that!

Very nice job rattler. You've done both species great justice. And you DID get the veitchii cutting for a steal. Keep up the very good work.

BTW...I think it is wonderful that you folks post pics of your plants. I know how proud you are of them, which is why you post them, and we are very pleased to see them, well most of us anyways. However, I do not think negative comments should be posted on threads like this that are intended to strengthen the interest in the genus and teach newbies about how wonderful they are. Whether you are kidding or not, if you don't like Nepenthes or the way they look keep your negative comments out of these threads. It's very insulting to the grower who is OBVIOUSLY very proud of his efforts, as are we!

Pardon me if I have stirred anything up folks. I too am passionate about Nepenthes.

Phil

Back