What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pitcher pictures

Hi Tony,

your clone really looks very different from mine. The shape of the pitchers and also the colouration is quite different.

N_carunculata_120404.jpg

The pitcher in the front was not fully coloured when the picture was taken. FYI, my plant originates from Andreas.

Hay swords, how large is you rafflesiana in diameter? My bongso kinda looks like your joachim.

WOW! All the plants look great, and I'm especially awe-struck my Sword's N.miranda pitchers! A couple of people on this site recommended N.miranda as a starter plant--from the looks of those pitchers, I'm hooked.

Joe,
The tag on that red ventricosa from the garden center says "Nepenthes ventricosa from the Rocky Mountains of Borneo, New Guinea!". I don't know if Angel Tropical Plants thinks Borneo is a state in New Guinea or what? I just mentioned it cos I thought it was so funny, especially since the plant is from neither of those countries!
laugh.gif

Joachim, those bongso/carunculata pitchers are great!  
smile.gif

Mine resembles the lighter colored spotty one on the right side but the pitchers are 7cm and are still babies I guess.

Hi all:

All i can say that as long as there are people like Rob, Phil, and Geoff around, we can rest assured that many nepenthes species will be preserved for future generations. I guess it takes a lot of courage and determination to dedicate one's own time to grow these beauties, even more admirable where people in power such as the Malaysian and Indonesian governments don't see the benefits in preserving those irreplaceable habitats
biggrin.gif

Education is the key which will allow others to admire and preserve the Neppies!
biggrin.gif

Gus

Joachim, great pics!

Here is one more. This is my first plant to pitcher on my window-sill since I moved to the US. It actually made two pitchers very quickly and I think they look very nice. Thank you very much to Shelly who gave me this plant nearly two years ago.

untitled_Small.jpg

N. x wrigleyana

Pat

People plant pics! Ok I'm in now!

A.sized.jpg

B.sized.jpg

A ridiculous size comparison.....:p

WOW! Tony that N. bongso is very nice! Gotta love the wavy peristome,and the very fresh green color is nice.:) How cold hardy is this species? How difficult is it? (the reason I ask is cause I want ideas for getting a new Nep with my birthday money).

N. bongso appears to be quite tolerant to a wide temperature range. I haven't experienced any difficulty or change in growth during the year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ June 06 2004,5:42)]Isn't she a beaut?
smile.gif
What a great plant!!
Do you grow it in a tank or your greenhouse?

cheers

bill

Hi bill, it is in my current lowland chamber in the house. I have the lumber for a new walk in heated lowland chamber that SHOULD be up and running by the end up of the summer or late summer I have anticipated upon.

Back