What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ping flower....

Around Christmas time I was at Lowe's looking over their seriously neglected CP.  Most were dead or very close to it.  There was one Ping.  that still had a little life left in it, so I bought it and nursed it back to health.  It has since put up a couple of flowers and has one more on the way.  I thought for sure it was P. primulflora, but the flower is completely white with no laveder highlights. Is there a white flowered form of P. primulflora or does Lowes carry another species.

JJ

newping1.jpg

newping2.jpg

Hey Jason (oh yeah, Happy b-day!)

My primuliflora also brought up white flowers...at first. It should start turning lavender over the next few days. If it doesn't - then maybe you have a cool new mutation!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it, and thanks for the B-day wish.

ooh! i want the 'rose' form!

Thanks Bob, that deffinately is it. That kind of blows, I would just as soon have a the little more colorful flower.

Hay, Hellz here,
nice ping!!!
most of my primuliflora are growing nicely in my terrarium, i cant wait till they flower more tho
Hellz

That is so cool, Jason!  How lucky you are to have a white-flowered Pinguicula !

I think its great you got a white flowered form.
smile.gif
Nice variation.

Back