What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everyone! I though I might share some new pics with my fellow CP'ers. ;D teehee

cephalotus root cutting strikes. :D I have a bunch more of these.
018.JPG

a blurry pics of VFT seedlings
020.JPG

this guy is finally flowering, the others in the back are flowering too now. I fed them lots to hopefully keep them alive from flowering.
010.JPG

longifolia flower!
033.JPG

capensis albino plants, turned pink with good lighting.
045.JPG

a leaf pulling of low giant with lots of strikes, a have a couple more of these.
056.JPG

more VFT seedlings. these ones are mix of giant forms. There is ones in the top left that seems partly albino, might grow up to be very cool. These were frusteration to grow though. I had two pots of seeds, one of them, my cat knocked over. that one had the most seeds in it. the other one wasn't in hight humidity so the seeds didn't germinate as much. with the seeds that were knocked over, I spread the soil out as much as I can in a terra so I can hopefully get them to germinate and then transplant them. it sorta worked... this is what I got out of it:
061.JPG

the future.
035.JPG

my first mature pitcher on purp venosa from Pet!
027.JPG

016.JPG

D. x lake badgerup flower!
002.JPG

003.JPG

spatulata, from pet a while ago:
019.JPG

and last, experimenting with black and white pics:
041.JPG

Thanks for looking!!!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

oops! I mentioned a shop.. I got rid of it though... sorry for the big pics.

Boy you have some nice stuff......is that Nep a rafflesiana?

yep, it's a raff! getting too big for the terra though... I have to figure out something else fr it to grow. do you think it would grow ok on a sunny windowsill with a heat pad under it?

yep, it's a raff! getting too big for the terra though... I have to figure out something else fr it to grow. do you think it would grow ok on a sunny windowsill with a heat pad under it?

Well, I don't know about a heat pad under it, if it gets too hot it might do more harm than good. Also, what are the temps and humidity near the windowsill? From what I've heard, raffs are pretty hardy as lowlanders go, so it might just work.

hhhmm, I'm not sure. I'm almost certain that it's highland temps though. thanks for the help. :)

oOOoooOhhh OOOoooOooOh i like the 3rd pic :0

Is there anything special you've done to get the U. longifolia to bloom?
I've got a specimen in a 6" fishbowl of live moss that has stuffed itself with leaves and "roots" but no blooms yet.

on my other post about the flower, someone mentioned something about cooler temps. I honestly didn't do anything special for it to bloom. it just did!

Back