What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New neps and dormancy

I was wondering, if I bought some neps sometime in the near future, would I need to put them into their dormant cycle?

I would really like to grow them on a summer cycle so I could get some growth out of them, but that brings up another question. Could I keep them on a quasi-summer cycle untill next fall? Or would this be dangerous to my plants?

Sorry for the noob question, and I have done a good deal of research, but I seem to be getting conflicting views.

Casper

Casper,

Nepenthes do not need to be put through a dormant cycle. Good luck!

Tom

Wow, now I feel real dumb.

I have been through a few websites that contradict that, but maybe I am confusing them with Sarrs.

Guess I need to do some more research.

Thanks for the reply

Casper

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Casper @ Sep. 11 2003,8:4
alien.gif
</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow, now I feel real dumb.
Casper[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Casper, as has been stated on this forum before, you can't learn without asking questions.  We are here to answer questions posted by newbies (which all of us are at one time or another). Besides you where verifying information that you had conflicting answers on. That's smart, not dumb.
Keep asking questions
wink.gif

BCK
alien.gif

Back