What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome!! Good luck with your first Nep :D

"I also picked up some orchid bark, long fiber sphagnum"

Just make sure that it is actually Sphagnum Moss & NOT that green decorative moss cr@p they sell
That stuff spells death to carnivorous plants

Also if you decide to repot it & totally want to remove the soil that's stuck to the roots
Take a hose & gently wash the soil off the roots so you don't break or damage them
At least that's the best way I've found of doing it

My copy of Savage Garden arrived today! We've got some jobs to run tonight, but after we get back I've got some reading to do.

Picked up some crickets at Petsmart and gave my plant its first meal in the new house. Little pitchers got the smallest crickets, bigger pitchers got bigger ones. The rest of them go to my Bearded Dragons.

Anyway, so far so good. No signs of problems from the low humidity in the house. I'm keeping an eye on the baby pitchers, hoping they'll open up sometime, or at least not turn brown and die ;)

Back