What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New N. Macrophylla

Nice recovery Kris.

And BigBella, you really need to write a book or make a website on CP care. All of your plants are just amazing.

Nice recovery Kris.

And BigBella, you really need to write a book or make a website on CP care. All of your plants are just amazing.

Thanks for the comment, but I do cheat a bit. The climate here in Northern California gets the most credit; and it is the primary reason why I don't busy myself with many lowland species. I am able to grow highland Nepenthes, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus, and others with little real care, save for watering and fertilizing them on a regular basis and preventing exposure to frost. Here are a few other highlanders that grow outside:

N. hamata (basal shoot origin)
Nhamata2.jpg

N. hamata (seed-grown from 2006)
Nhamata-SG.jpg

N. villosa (basal shoot origin)
Nvillosa-2.jpg

Nvillosa2.jpg

Ooh, nice macro! I've got to get myself one of them x_x I would love to try out villosa...see if I can. (Edit: My conditions are low 70s-high 60s at day and 60-50 at night, btw. That would be great for macro, right? Gotta solve my humidity problem first :p)

big bella do you have a growlist anywhere?

wow! truly spectacular plants there. :D damn!!!!

Must be nice to be able to grow them outside! Looks like I need to pack up and move back to Cali. I was born there after all.

Back