What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here!

Just stumbled across this board today - all of my favorite topics in one place!! CP's, orchids, bromeliads, reptiles......

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Methinks I'll be spending a lot of time here!

Hi Nimbus

Love your name.
smile.gif
Welcome to the forums! If you're already into CPs then you know its an addiction...

I hope you stick around, learn some new things and share and have fun with the rest of us.
biggrin.gif

BTW...what do you have in your collection?

Welcome to the forums.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nimbus @ Aug. 12 2005,2:53)]Just stumbled across this board today - all of my favorite topics in one place!! CP's, orchids, bromeliads, reptiles......

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Methinks I'll be spending a lot of time here!

Many of us spend a lot of time here.
smile_n_32.gif

Sometimes we spend too much time...but it's worth it--to us! Welcome, and check out our grow lists! You'll see what PlantAKiss means by addiction.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 12 2005,3:26)]Hi Nimbus

Love your name.  
smile.gif
 Welcome to the forums!  If you're already into CPs then you know its an addiction...

I hope you stick around, learn some new things and share and have fun with the rest of us.  
biggrin.gif

Yeah, what she said! Nimbus reminds me of someone on the forum called, "Rainydays". Why Nimbus as opposed to Cumulus or Cirrus or.....?

[b said:

Love your name.  
smile.gif
 Welcome to the forums!  If you're already into CPs then you know its an addiction...

biggrin.gif

At the moment I only have 2 CP's, a Nepenthes and a VFT. I've been obsessed with them for quite a while, but I want to wait until I get a place with better lighting before I get too big of a collection (I live in a warehouse with no windows to the ouside - only skylights). I just made a trip up to California Carnivores last weekend, and it was sooooo hard to not buy anything!! As far as orchids - I have paphs (my favorite), phals, oncidiums, zygopetalum, and a few that I don't know what they are. I love my plants like they're my babies!! ;)

Hey, a fellow San Francisco-er! (San Franciscoan? San Franciscite?)

Anyway, you can grow nepenthes in San Francisco like nobody's business!! Just get a wire rack and two cheap shoplights so you have four fluorescent tubes above them and you're in business.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 12 2005,4:55)]
[b said:

Love your name.  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah, what she said! Nimbus reminds me of someone on the forum called, "Rainydays". Whi nimbus as opposed to Cumulus or Cirrus or.....?
Nimbus is actually my cat's name - at one point when I had started messing around with DJ'ing, I had a dream that she was a DJ (yes, I know it's weird...lol). I was trying to come up with a DJ name at the time, and so it began....

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

What exactly is your avatar? Oh, since you are on the West Coast, there is a CP group, called BACPS (Bay Area CP Society) I think the afore-mentioned Capslock is part of it, as well a Bugweed and BobZ(?) and....? Yes, dreams are weird, just slightly more so than us'ns!

My avatar is a sort of nurse (I work in vet. med.). Yeah, I've only discovered BACPS fairly recently - excited to go to the upcoming meeting!

"....All creatures great and small...." Maybe you'll come home with a few plants. Cool whip!

Jim....cool whip?
laugh.gif
I guess its better than cool beans.

Nimbus...you have to forgive some people around here. They are a bit touched in the head from drinking nep juice you know...
smile_l_32.gif

One BACPS meeting and you'll be hooked for life. I've seen the photos of their meetings. The plants awsome.
smile.gif

Hi nimbus!! I can't see your avator
smile_h_32.gif
 Anyways,WELCOME!and have a great time!~Niki~
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

smile_n_32.gif

cool.gif

smile_m_32.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome aboard, Nimbus!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a fellow San Francisco-er! (San Franciscoan? San Franciscite?)

Caps, wouldn't it be San Franciscan, like the friars?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - I' ve already learned a lot of new things here!

P.S. It's a needle ;P

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 12 2005,8:43)]"....All creatures great and small...." Maybe you'll come home with a few plants. Cool whip!

How does your avatar work? Let me re-phrase that; how does one use it? It looks like it has eyes.

Back