What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here.  have some newbie questions.

Thanks to these forums and great people...

I have started a 10 Gallon Terrarium with CP's in Pots with flourescents over them.

Right now I have:

2 VFT's. (Dente and Common)
1 Pitcher Plant (S. Purpurea? I think).
1 Butterwort. (Primifloura?)
2 Sundews. (D. Spatula? and D. Adelea?) Donno if that's the correct spelling.

Also I started a mini bog in a small container for my window and to eventually put outside. I have the same plants in it.

Right now the plants are growing well but I dono exactly which plants have winter dormancy. In the winter I will place the mini bog in my garage with a flourescent over it and place some plants in pots next to it. The mini bog container will have plastic over it to help keep the cold out when the garage opens.

Does this seem logical? And what others things should I know?

the vfts, & s. purp. have a cooled dormancy.

Thanks, that clear's up alot.

So my Sundews and Butterworts can be indoor all year around by the window and also in my terrarium.

While the VFT's and S. Purp should be put into dormancy.

I'm gonna get another mini bog container today and make another mini bog so I can seperate the plants.

Thank you.

Looks like you've been shopping at Lowes and possibly Home Depot! Now that you've shopped there, you can try the Trading Post and expand your collection.

Franks and Home Depot.

For now, just learning and setting up the enviroment.

I want some red VFT's, and then some Neps.
smile.gif

Welcome to the forums Leslie.
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you joined and are on your way into the addiction.
smile.gif
It happens to everybody.

If you keep your plants potted, that helps with the dormancy issue as you can remove any plants that need dormancy. If you need ID on your plants, you can post photos which will help but it sounds like you have the ones most commonly sold at those stores.

Good luck and have fun on the forums.
smile.gif

Suzanne/PAK

Back