What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new frog tank but no frogs.............

mostly planted, have to wait for it to warm up so i can order some more broms and wet growing orchids. might be to wet for the Phals but the wife wanted me to try them and since the tank is for the bedroom i figured i would try them. just gotta figure out what type of frog to put in there.

rg.jpg

Untitled-2-6.jpg

Hey nice setup. I have a question. Can you keep a bullfrog in captivity?

yeah you can, i cant, illegal in MT..................fairly straight forward, just use a good sized tank and make a pond side type vivarium

Rattler are you going to be able to drop the temps down to 55 in that frog tank to get your Phal to rebloom?? Remember they take a temp drop to bloom.

It looks nice BTW.

never had to get temps to drop that low to get them to bloom. drops to the mid 60's has been enough in the past and they do see this part of the year at night. this is the second time this particular plant has bloomed, i have had others in the past bloom several years in a row.

Really? You can keep a bullfrog in captivity? that sounds like an Idea! the only thing that I need to do is get a good idea on how to properly light a terrarium.

You should totally put some sphagnum moss in there and let it go rampant!

sphagnum never grows well in my dart tanks. there is some Chilean LFS covering some of the soil but i highly doubt it will do anything. the stuff only grows where i dont want it to.

as for lighting, i use the same lighting for my dart tanks as i do for my CP's, 4 foot T8's.....................however this one is going to require me to build a nice hood with fixtures for compact flourecents.............gotta make this one look nice for the wife

Back