What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cephalotus Typical!

I think your enclosed growing chamber concept is very interesting. You probably are already aware to look out for overheating and to provide some additional ventilation if necessary. I'm amazed at the growth you get with just the one CF light.

I'm not yet confident enough of my limited success with Cephalotus follicularis, that I would give any advice on growing it. I see that many of your other CP, especially Drosera indica /D. hartmeyerorum seem to be growing well.

D. indica and yes VERY WELL!

Last edited by a moderator:
please any other pepople with other info please tell me i need to know everything i can that i am doing right and wrong THANKS!

Right: Keep the temperatures chilly within its natural climate range, see http://www.worldweather.org/185/c00356f.htm#climate

Wrong: Keep the temperature always too high which is likely to happen when keept indoors under heavy artificial lighting all year round.

Cephalotus are prone to limp roots and root rot and long-term cultivation becomes a challenge when temperatures are too high for too long.

I was thinking about things while reading back over the posts, and I really like SirKristoff's setup using a tank turned over on its side. What an absolutely great idea! I'm thinking of moving my own cephs into a setup like that. Seems like it would provide plenty of ventilation within a manageable micro-climeate, the plants would be accessible, and the lights would be separated from the plants by glass, cutting down on direct heating. It's a superb solution, and I think that you would be extremely happy with a setup line that. You could probably find a suitable tank at yard sale for not a lot of bucks.

Back