What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ceph and My First!

Well I have already spotted the growth point and it seems to have a new pitcher trying to develop...

Alright, I have had my little plant for about one and a half months with little trouble. I have it in a terrarium under a 2ft T5 HO light with a repti fogger keeping the humidity.........satisfactory.

IMAG0350.jpg

That is the cutest damn plant. Looks good and alive to me. Rock on.

Every time I look at some ones care sheets it always seems different. Can you post your watering habits I would like to get some suggestions.:)
Cephalotus are tolerant of a variety of conditions, hence the vast array of conflicting advice. Personally I grow mine on the wet side - standing in a saucer of water. Your local conditions can make a big difference on how you grow them, so advise from someone who lives in a different climate to you might not be applicable.

i have mine in a saucer and put about a quarter inch of water in the saucer twice a week in the warmer weather and once a week in cooler weather,this seems to work fine for me and the water disapears in about half hour and top of the soil is always dry,but as mobile says different conditions require different care

With mine being grown inside I can control the conditions to a point but for watering I use a tray and I wait one to two days before I give the plant water in its tray after the water has been taken up by the soil.

With mine being grown inside I can control the conditions to a point but for watering I use a tray and I wait one to two days before I give the plant water in its tray after the water has been taken up by the soil.
I use that method too. I think that sometimes people mistake Cephalotus for tropical plants when it comes to watering.

It is a nice little plant and has proven a small challenge. I have trouble growing sarracenia but it seems growing a cephalotus is a smaller challenge and holds great reward in its growth and beauty. My single plant has barely started growing its first adult pitcher under my care and continues to grow in a slower more moderate speed than what I am used to...

Back