What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ava

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
just put a simple yes or no with a simple explanation (ahhh gargamel
laugh.gif
cool.gif
blues.gif
unclesam.gif
ghostface.gif

The old one was better. This one is just a smurf line drawing, whereas the old one looked unique.

Capslock

I perfer the old avatar.  If you make your own, it gives a more 'personal' touch to it, rather than a pre-fabricated one. But, it's not bad.

SF

Hello,
I personally prefer the old one, with it being more unique and colorful. On another note, Jamie, I have tried to tell you many times, but I seem to always be ignored.

When you are talking to such a large amount of people, I feel it is neccesary to use a greeting, or if a greeting isn't quite fitting, at least a bit less abrupt, maybe even rude (as your posts could sometimes be interpreted) than:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]just put a simple yes or no with a simple explanation
this is one of the friendlier posts you have made as well, with many being even less informative, like when you just say: tell me how 2 -------- (whatever it is). Sometimes simple things like punctuation and spelling out abbreviations can make a post that much nicer to read. The topic title:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]new ava
is also incomplete, and on a slightly different note, I (personally) feel that after all the work that Petflytrap does to give these forums, you shouldn't waste entire posts on every little thing that you change/need to know. You ought to look for whichever topic would be appropriate to ask on, then ask, or if there isn't a proper place, then either PM, or if 100% neccessary, then start a new topic. Maybe this is just my transplanted norhtern Italian to southern US hospitality speaking. I don't know, but I really hope that you will take this into consideration. Just my 2 thousandths Lira (err two cents)
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif

Ciao!
Lithopsman
unclesam.gif

i agree with lithopsman , your making too many abbreviations and using unproper grettings , its like you forcing us to give you an answer . anyways , i liked the old avatar , the new one of a smurf is not very good .

Ok guys...

Sure...a greeting is nice.  Being friendly sets a good atmosphere.  
smile.gif
  And it always makes a post more readable when words are spelled correctly, punctuation is used and abbreviations are kept within reason.  It helps a lot to go back over something you've written to see if you've made a lot of mistakes and to correct them before you hit the post button.  But no one is writing a formal paper here.  There is some latitude to be relaxed and casual.

Everyone here has a different writing style.  That varies with each person's personality.  There is no need to be criticizing someone for how they post a topic.  This is not Emily Post.  (haha...no pun intended  
biggrin.gif
 )  [errr...how many people get that reference?? ]

Its best to have topics with value but that "value" can be fun too.  No one needs to respond to every post.  If you feel its a silly topic, dont reply.  No, we don't need to hear someone's toenail grew today or you stepped on an ant.  But people can share about many different things on the general forums.  Its what makes this a close community where you can make friends...and loves
wink.gif
...and not be so impersonal like some other bulletin boards.

So...lighten up!  Everybody try to be nice and polite...check your posts for excessive errors so we call all read what you want to say...and have fun.  
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsman @ Nov. 06 2003,6:23)]Hello,
I personally prefer the old one, with it being more unique and colorful. On another note, Jamie, I have tried to tell you many times, but I seem to always be ignored.

When you are talking to such a large amount of people, I feel it is neccesary to use a greeting, or if a greeting isn't quite fitting, at least a bit less abrupt, maybe even rude (as your posts could sometimes be interpreted) than:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]just put a simple yes or no with a simple explanation
this is one of the friendlier posts you have made as well, with many being even less informative, like when you just say: tell me how 2 -------- (whatever it is). Sometimes simple things like punctuation and spelling out abbreviations can make a post that much nicer to read. The topic title:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]new ava
is also incomplete, and on a slightly different note, I (personally) feel that after all the work that Petflytrap does to give these forums, you shouldn't waste entire posts on every little thing that you change/need to know. You ought to look for whichever topic would be appropriate to ask on, then ask, or if there isn't a proper place, then either PM, or if 100% neccessary, then start a new topic. Maybe this is just my transplanted norhtern Italian to southern US hospitality speaking. I don't know, but I really hope that you will take this into consideration. Just my 2 thousandths Lira (err two cents)  
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

wow.gif

Ciao!
                Lithopsman  
unclesam.gif
ok thanks guys my pic is back

Yep, I prefer your pic. to the smurf line drawing.  Not that I hate smurfs, 'cause I do
biggrin.gif
, but your drawing has more 'personality'.

Back