What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New adelae owner...

I just ordered in a Drosera Adelae (sp?) for my mom.  They don't carry them here at PFT so I went through DangerousPlants.com.  The plants that came in were all a bit iffy, but the Adelae really has me confused.

There seems to be something growing out of it...or just stuck in the pot.  It's a long brownish tube shaped thing.  It looks almost like a dead stem of a plant, but feels more like a live leaf or root.  It's very hard to explain.  It's also got a few leaves attached.  I've listed some pics below.  Can anyone give me any clue what this is?  Should I remove it?  Thanks.

pic 1

pic 2

EDIT: Sorry, I made a mistake. They do carry Adelaes here, but they didn't have the 4 other plants I wanted and I needed to throw the Adelae into my other order to meet their $25 order minimum. I wish I could've gotten the plants here instead...
sad.gif

I think his page is down 'cause even his home page link isn't working and it was the other day.

Looks like his whole site is down.. I cant get any of it to work right now. Funny thing is I did get the images to upload earlier. Looks like a pretty nice size Adalae with what appears to be at least 1 offshoot in the pot. What it looked like he's asking is it looks like there is a fairly good size little plant thats actually growing on a stem outside the pot. Dang I wish I'd saved those pics when I had the chance ggrrrrrr.

Nick, if you dont get your page back up let me know and I'll post them on my PFT page for you.

Steve

Thanks for taking the time to look guys.  Sorry about the downtime...server problems. Should be back up now. Anyone who has used Windows 2000 Server with IIS knows my pain.
sad.gif

It looks like a root that has grown out the bottom of the pot and is sending out new plants. In other words a root cutting with the root still attached to the plant.

alien.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ July 28 2003,02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks like a root that has grown out the bottom of the pot and is sending out new plants.  In other words a root cutting with the root still attached to the plant.

alien.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I thought this might be what it was. Does this mean I could snip the root where it exits the pot and simly replant that in a new pot and it would grow? Wow...for such a small plant that is one heck of a root!
tounge.gif

Back