What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New additions to the forums!

RamPuppy

Ok.. It's 3:38 in the morning and I am wrapping up some additions to the forums.

The first, and easiest to spot, are the new topics.

Eco-Spheres
Salt Water Aquariums
Fresh Water Aquariums

There has been a lot of interest in these lately, and I felt that rather than hi-jacking topics onto it, they should all have their own place. I will be putting intro topics in each one shortly.

Also of interest, you will see the active user list is now color coded. Members are in Black, Moderators are in Blue, and Admins are in RED. Now you can look and see if anyone is on to help you out, and you don't need to know all our names.

Finally, The forums have grown so large that I am taking a step back, they got to big for me to read every post a long time ago, and I don't read every post as well as I should. Because of that, I have added another set of eyeballs to the mix, Nepenthes Gracillis will be modding the Greenhouse and Nepenthes forums. He apparently does read everything, I see him every where!
smile.gif
Another mod is possibly coming in the next day or so.

I gave you another clickable emoticon, cause I like the green alien! and some others that are not clickable... let's see if you can figure them out by typing in text!
smile.gif
it's a mystery. (no, you don't win anything but cool points.) I'll add a couple more emoticons to even out the row in coming days... any suggestions? (My selection is limited, so don't go all whacky on me.)

And Finally, but not least, a sad feature I have had to enable, but useful. Our forums have been pretty clean and friendly to date. However, as they grow, and become more popular people who like to cause problems show up, others not using their best judgement show up. At the bottom right of every post now, you will see a new feature: REPORT THIS POST. It will IM the mods whith your info, the post, and a message when used. Please only use it in the really bad cases. Abuse of it will result in a ban. (not kidding.) don't be scared to use it, just be responsible. Also, when you use it, say that you have, so others don't do the same. My PM bucket will fill up fast!
smile.gif

Finally, thank you all for making this place the great wonder that it is. We value each and every one of you as members, and love this little community we have built. Expect great things to come in the future!

It is very Grateful of you to change around the PFT's forums like this. Know the forums are getting even more advanced and better, I feel the forums are going to get even more populated in the next couple of months. Just this month about 54 people joined the forums. You must have lots of time to do some many changes. Thanx--Phil
alien.gif
rolleyes.gif

wow ram, this is great! Thanks so much for updating and adding the new topic areas! I know i will greatly enjoy it!
biggrin.gif

Oh, you might want to add this face:
ohmy.gif

EDIT: just had to try the new faces out!  
alien.gif

rolleyes.gif

tounge.gif

O:) :) :] :[ :cheesy:
darn those ones didn't work
-Spec
alien.gif
:* >=[

I think a person who knows what he/she is talking about should be the next mod, example: Spectabilis73 has a pacu, knows everything about it, and he has cp's, knows a ton about those too. Saying that, I think you should consider him *croud cheers* Just my brain thinking aloud here, if you oppose this post, just PM me, I will change it,
Kevin

no opposition to it...

there are many things that go into choosing a moderator. The Mods have been discussing who we will use to help moderate the forums, we have a big list and aren't taking nominations at this point, though... that doesn't mean the person you want hasn't come up in discussion.

All I must say here is that all of you are great people to inaugurate me into the moderating position and I assure you that I will be a responsible member and not abuse the moderating powers that have been given to me. And everyone please don't go calling me Mr. mod or anything, I am still the same ole person! And lastly everyone have fun! Special thank yous to The mods, Rampuppy and Phil Crane!!!!!!  
smile.gif

haha
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You must have lots of time to do some many changes. Thanx--Phil [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Oh lord that boy is so dang busy you have no idea.

:-$ WOW! This is really great!
biggrin.gif
Incredible job man!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Love the green alien
alien.gif
. and I think a lot of others do to judging by some of the previous posts
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I like the new look!

Cole
rolleyes.gif

I really like the
alien.gif
- It is so cute!!! Also the other changes are great! Keep up the amazing work
biggrin.gif

Bromilliads, Ferns and Tillandsia section added.

Back