What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 58mm macro filters!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ants

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Hey guys, today I got some new macro filters in the mail. Honestly they are probably the best 17 dollars I have spent on anything I want. They are prefect for taking pictures of plants and ants. I have 10x, +4, +2, and +1 filter. Most of the following pics were taken with just the 10x but using all four at once produces some GREAT macro pictures.

Picture047-1.jpg

Picture046-1.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Amazing! I assume this is on a dslr?

nice ant

Yes, I took these with my Canon Xsi.

camera identity

Yes, I took these with my Canon Xsi.

What is that model no. I don't recognize it i also use a cannon is model (image stabilization), are you sure about the letter arrangement .
I'm no expert i just don't know of this model.:blush:

Daaang. That's some really nice macros.

Where did you get the filters?Ebay?Also what brand are they?Nice pictures!

They are digital concepts and I got them through amazon from a supplier in NH.

Cool ant pic

Love the ant photo.

If you happen to have 2 lens, say a 50ishmm and any other, you should look into a reversing ring. Its basically a male to male coupler, you mount the two lens together, facing each other by the filter screw-ins. You get better quality images with this and they are cheap. If you have multiple lens you can get different magnification with the different lens combo's.

I asked a few local camera stores for one and they were clueless....so mail order it was for me.

Oh and depending on the macro filters you have you may be able to use both the macro's and the reversing ring. Then you just need 45m to focus!

Back