What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neph from lowes

Does anyone know what kind on Neph this is? I recently bought from Lowes.

unidenneph.jpg

unidenneph2.jpg

Ok then can someone help me ident the neph below?

unidneph3.jpg

Len I would say you are the proud new owner of a N. x 'cocciena'.

Insidently, I really like the bar!

I have one too
Do you know if all lowes sell cps
even at a mile in elevation  
Do they order from gublers
Here is my pic
Picture%20070.jpg

It is on the right

I bought the other neph at a near by nursery... The pitchers look burt but there is alot of new growth..

LenG444

Another question on N. x 'cocciena' is are they easy to grow cuttings out of this species?

LenG444

From the looks of it your lant isn't ready for cuttings. To make utting the mother plant has to have a woody stem at the bottom of the plant. The woody steam should be woody for more than 3inches. It is a good idea to make cutting when is at this stage and climbing. And it is easy to root a cocciena. Have fun I see your pitchers are looking greatkeep them in the sun but stay away from full sun, and water with distilled water. Happy growing

Phil
biggrin.gif

Moving this to ID forum.

Phil, your Nepenthes don't really have to have a woody stem to perform a cutting. The stem can still be grenn and the plant being only 3 inches tall on a green stem and cuttings can be taken.

I'm kind of new to cuttings so what does it mean when you cut nodes on the end to expose root growth?? And how many should I make? Also would you recomend me using a plant hormone to speed up root growth such as "Superthrive"?

LenG444

No I mean was it is better survival chances when the stem is woody.

NEP G what kind of nep is that in your avarto thingy?
confused.gif
wink.gif

Len, there was a topic about cuttings on the neps forum not too long ago that may help answer your questions

Nep cutting thread

hope it helps

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NEP G what kind of nep is that in your avarto thingy? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I'm pretty sure it's N. lowii (lower pitcher).

Mike
smile.gif

HOW do u post pix on the post thingy, and how do u get the
----------
"quotes and things on the bottom of the post?"

Back