What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepethes brown/orange leaf?

• Thread starter Imverysad
  • Start date
Hello

My imported nepenthes argentii that came half dead from the summer heat recently gave me two stem shoots and a basal before its greenery went black.
Since the main growth point's death, I've repotted the plant into a more appropriate, smaller pot. (kept the media around its roots intact to keep the roots undisturbed)
I have been giving it 80~99% humidity and 80F in the morning, 64~68F at night. I also to give it breeze-like airflow for about 4 hours a day- otherwise it gets stagnant air and shade.

All three shoots were growing noticeably until I went on a 4-day trip when I wasn't able to give it cooler temps at night. The two stem shoots went black.
The basal is okay tho, and it has actually doubled in size since I first found it.
IMG-2596.jpg
But just today, the top leaf of the basal turned orange/brown.
All conditions are stable... the only significant flaw is the trip I took and a bit of fluctuation in humidity now and then.
Is this something I should be worrying about?

There was little chance it was going to recover long-term when given temperatures no lower than 64 F at night, never mind a sudden break away from that when already stressed. This species is an extreme ultra-highlander in preference it likes it cold at night, on par with villosa or lamii. If it's showingfurther signs of regressing, it may not come back unless those conditions are cooled promptly.

Hmm... I tried to follow the temps mentioned in N. argentii cultivation, but I guess iI couldn;t keep it cold enough.
I'll try to give it lower temperatures both day and night, like high 50s~low 60s at night. When I checked just now, it still seemed green(except for the orange part).
Maybe there's still a chance of recovery...

Back