What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthus pervillei

Is anyone growing Nepethes pervillei?  I believe it is a lowland species.  Is it hard, intermediate or easy to grow?  Last but not least.  Does anyone know of a source for this plant or seeds?

I spent my honeymoon in the Seychelles and would love to grow this plant.  Trying to get my wife to buy into my new CP obsession, I meant hobby.
wink.gif

It's a great place to visit if you can!

Hi Glenn,

I never had the chance to see N.pervillei in nature ,but if I would, I would possibly forget that my wife is with me....
I grow N.pervillei with good success,but I is not really an easy plant to grow.
I think it is a dry growing one ,and you have to grow it dry and hot .(I do so and it works great).
Seedlings grow like weed but when they get a good size they get hard to grow bigger and bigger.(my opinion)
I also have a photo of my plant ,but I think I have to ask Joachim or someone else to post it for me...
smile.gif

Chris

Christian,

If you could get Joachim to post your pictures that would be great. I saw the pictures of your N. tallangensis, very impressive!

Fortunately CPs were not on my mind on my honeymoon or my wife my have had second thoughts.

Glenn

This place has it.
smile.gif

Products > Nepenthes > Other Areas

Hope this helps.

Mike
smile.gif

I saw this plant at Christian's place last year. The one and only time I have ever seen it and it was beautiful!
smile.gif

Borneo, aren't you going to start carrying this plant, soon too?

That's the plan. We had it down for release in October this year, but that may have to be pushed back since the cultures we obtained were contaminated and decontamination protocol slows things down a bit
sad.gif

Back