What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes x ?

Hi Ries,
Looks to me like you have a N. Miranda there. Is the peristome coloring up more red as the pitcher gets older?

Tony

Hi,

No, this is not miranda. I have miranda too...and it's lots bigger, and has much more red.
The pitcher on the photo is only 8 cm in length.
Anyone??

Thnx!

Ries

Hi Ries,

Ok then. Looks just like a young N. Miranda to me.... Nepenthes change in shape and color as they get older.

Wait till it grows up and I bet it will be just like your big one.

Tony

hmm this ones kinda hard, im going with tony, the only other thing i can think of is spectabilis, but there are LOTS of neps these days

Hi guys,

I'm really sure this is not N. x miranda. The leave's and even the pitchers are very different. I have small N. x miranda too...it's really not the same...

Ries

Howdy Ries,

Then post some more pictures.  Picture of the plant might help.  Dimensions of the pitcher in the photo?  Dimensions of the plant etc?  Where did you buy the plant and any other information you could give.

I really think it is a small, perhaps not quite as happy as it could be, N. Miranda.  If it isn't that then all I can say is you have some sort of N. maxima, perhaps N. northiana and who knows what else hybrid.  Until it grows up larger that's my best guess.

Tony

This looks just like the one I bought from Home Depot. I think some people said it was N. x "gentle"

it looks identical to my miranda. they do come in different colors and shapes.

Looks like a N. 'Miranda' to me too.

Hey guys,

Here are 2 more photo's.
http://www.cpforums.org/gallery....zed.jpg
http://www.cpforums.org/gallery....zed.jpg
On the second photo you can see the plant. It's about the plant most at the right. The other plant is a ventrata.
Just believe me...it's not N. x gentle, and not N. x miranda!
smile_m_32.gif

Help me!

Ries

Very nice! I`d hazaqrd a fusca hybrid?

might be x'Gentle.'  Leaves look a hair thin for x'Miranda' (mine are really fat), though it certainly could be that, too.

Edit: just saw a similar looking pitcher id'ed as 'Mixta'. What do you guys think about that possiblity?

The color scheme looks like my N. maxima, but i doubt it's that. Maybe a fusca.

The lid isn't the right shape or angle for fusca. The wavy leaves look very much like N. maxima, though the pitcher is still not mature enough to make a final judgement. Is there a maxima "tooth" at the base of the underside of the lid? It's either maxima or a hybrid with it, but you probably already knew that!

Definatly a hybrid with maxima

Back