What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have 2 potted healthy and growing nepenthes x edinensis plants to trade that have tendrils on them.and i am looking for nepenthes ampullaria, lowii, rajah, bical. Also would trade for a ceph.
Looking especially for
nep ampullaria
lowii
rajah
bical.
but will trade for any nep species that i dont already grow.
drosera regia also

The nepenthes x edinensis hybrid consists of
Nepenthes rafflesiana x (rafflesiana x gracilis)x (rafflesiana x ampularia)

It grows in almost any condition and is really more of a lowland but it tolerates anything. IT will develop really nice red leaves to purple color.
IMG_1452.jpg

my current nep growlist is

sanguinea
alata
ventricosa
truncata
x miranda
x rokko
x edinensis
x ventrata

[b said:
Quote[/b] (carnivorkid @ Mar. 22 2005,4:59)]The nepenthes x edinensis hybrid consists of
Nepenthes rafflesiana x (rafflesiana x gracilis)x (rafflesiana x ampularia)
Not according to the ICPS database. It is
Nepenthes (rafflesiana x ((rafflesiana x hirsuta)x (rafflesiana x ampularia)))
http://www.omnisterra.com/bot....rch=all

Yea, I think the hybrid N. x edinensis was made by crossing a rafflesiana onto a N. x chelsonii.
By the way, that pic does not look like edinensis, which is much more squat and raff-like. Also, a clone of N. intermedia(hirsuta x rafflesiana) was used to make chelsonii. It is often erroneously listed as dominii instead. Dominii, as originally made in 1847(if my memory serves me correctly), was the first man made Nep hybrid, and it was gracilis x rafflesiana.

yeah i seen some like that and some like the one i said. Its confusing with those inside hybrids.

Inside hybrids?
Well, where did you get your plant? We might have a proper id for you.

i ment like the chelsonii has hybrids that are in that name etc. i got it from frederick meijer gardens.

They do have the real edinensis, saw a photo of it there.  You may have a mislabeled cutting.  

Your plant looks like a Bednar/Weigner hybrid called N. weignerii.  Here is a photo of our plant (the peristome does age to a darker red, like your plant).
What do you think, do they look similar?  Does Frederick Meijer have N. weignerii?  They have a lot of hybrids, so it's possible.
Anybody know?  
N.%20weignerii%203-20-05.JPG

T & M

Yeah, here's a pic of my N. x weignerii before I traded it to "he whose name is not spoken":
N_x_Weignerii5_001.sized.jpg

It looks a lot like the plant in quesiton here except mine didn't have the prominent wings.
Capslock

Perhaps Steve L can verify if N. weignerii is a part of the Nep collection at Frederick Meijer.

Nice photo Capslock - as usual.

Sweet, Capslock and Trent!
Hybrids are under-rated sometimes, I think. I like seeing pics of well grown plants.

Cheers,

Joe

actually that one does look like it to me

Back