What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes wagnerii

I recently came into possession of one of these, but can't find parentage info or anything about it. Any clues?

Capslock

Hi:

There could be a mispelling involved, but this is what i found. I hope it helps:

'Weigneri' ((thorelii x maxima) x (rafflesiana x hirsuta))

Could that be it??

Gus

Aha! I began to figure that there was a misspelling involved. The guy I get Nepenthes from (when pft doesn't carry them) has OUTSTANDING plants, great hybrids, fair prices, great service, and is a nice guy. But his spelling is sometimes off.

Thanks Gus!
Capslock

To add further info: Bruce Bednar told me he used his female N. Balmy Koto, and an N. intermedia as the male.

Trent

Trent,

Thanks for the info! This is my second Bednar hybrid, as I also just got a N. Splendiana. The N. x weigneri is less spectacular, imo, but has a certain elegance to it that I really like.

Capslock

Hi Capslock,
The N. Splendiana is an excellent hybrid. I don't know how many diffenent clones there are out there, but the Splendiana most people have is a female. In fact, every one of them seems to be cuttings from the same plant. She's vigorous and a frequent bloomer. If anyone has flowered a N. splendiana that is male, please contact me.

Trent

Back