What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Vieillardii

• Thread starter bioflyer
  • Start date
Hi all, i got fresh Nepenthes vieillardii seeds collected in april 2017, I'm interested in any other FRESH nepenthes seeds. Cheers :)

Nobody's interested, i'm quite surprised !
Any other CP seed could also be interesting for me, so don't hesitate to contact me, Neps seeds need to be sow quite rapidly ;)

Well, I'd be interested, but I don't have any nepenthes seeds. People just don't have them consistently, and people that do produce seeds with their own plants usually sow them themselves, since their shelf life is generally pretty short (a couple months, only about one month for some species like bicalcarata) or trade/sell/give them away fairly quickly.

If you were willing to trade for young plants or something, you'd probably have more people interested. However, another thing that is possibly scaring people off is the species seed you have in particular. Nepenthes vieillardii is rather unusual, and has unusual seeds and growth needs compared to most nepenthes, and on top of that, doesn't produce particularly flashy pitchers.

You might not be getting interest for several reasons; one, as far as I'm aware vieillardii has not been reliably reproduced via seeds in cultivation, and therefore two, going by your being located in New Caledonia our concerns may be that the seeds, if legitimately this species, are wild-collected which is generally frowned upon if not illegal. Three, most of the people on this forum are US or European members, and it's illegal to trade plants or seeds without proper permits internationally. Four, as mentioned above vieillardii is a picky species that needs someone with a lot of experience to grow well.

Hi bioflyer,

What a lovely picture. Would you be interested in a packet of ten Nepenthes edwardsiana seeds to trade for some N.vieillardii seeds?

Cheers,
MadAboutCPs

For sure ! How fresh are they ?

Hi bioflyer,

I have another packet of these seeds which is separate from my posts in the forums. I received the seeds last Friday. They were harvested on 2nd of July 2017. They are not wild collected. I bought them.

Cheers,
MadAboutCPs.

Last edited:
I believe triffid nurseries UK has N.veillardi seeds for sale from their plants in cultivation.

You might not be getting interest for several reasons; one, as far as I'm aware vieillardii has not been reliably reproduced via seeds in cultivation, and therefore two, going by your being located in New Caledonia our concerns may be that the seeds, if legitimately this species, are wild-collected which is generally frowned upon if not illegal. Three, most of the people on this forum are US or European members, and it's illegal to trade plants or seeds without proper permits internationally. Four, as mentioned above vieillardii is a picky species that needs someone with a lot of experience to grow well.

Also I didn't follow through with this trade because of the traders restricted import laws.

Last edited:
Back