What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes veitchii hybrid photo.

One of my veitchii hybrids, sold to me as a "Poi Dog". If you have photos of your favorite veitchii hybrids, post 'em!
vvxexvxm0214.jpg

Nice photo! I like all of the reds and pinks. How's the N. x mixta cutting doing?

Thanks!
The N. mixta cutting is doin OK, but no roots yet. I decided to try some "alternative" methods of rooting N. cuttings, so with this one I have it in a quart mason jar under lights, with 1/2" of water in the bottom. So far I have seen cuttings root far faster in a perlite/LFS mix, but I wanted to see how this approach might work.

N. veitchii x lowii

IMG_8251.jpg

N. truncata x veitchii HL

IMG_9225.jpg

@mass: I have been contemplating acquiring one of those truncata X veitchii seedlings Tony has to offer, but I get the impression that I have enough plants that will end up LARGE, possibly too large for my current greenhouse, so I dunno......
They're gorgeous, though! I have a lowii X spectabilis that is starting to look quite amazing. I'm hot on spectabilis hybrids, just like you and veitchii hybrids ;-) Thanks for the photos.

Good to hear. Mine are rooting in almost the same setup.
Me like both of those hybrids!

Back