What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes tours around the region

Hi everyone, Just thought I'd highlight a company doing tours around the region to see Nepenthes in the wild.
The tour guide is Charles Clarke who wrote all those fantastic books about nepenthes in Peninsular Malaysia/Sabah/Sarawak etc. accompanied by CP enthusiast Troy Davis (whom I believe goes under the name Troy/Fatboy in these forums).
I saw the topic in another thread but can't seem to find it now, can't remember whether it was general/nepenthes or where.
Here is the website address if anyone is interested in a Nepenthes holiday.
http://www.junglegeeks.com/home.html
Happy growing, Neil
p.s. I have no connection with this site/ don't gain from advertising it etc. - - -I just thought some of you may be interested and missed the original topic.

Yes, I saw it, Neil, and was most intrigued. However, what put me off was the price tag, which was a bit hefty.

Which got me thinking, since we live so close to Malaysia and Indonesia, why can't we Singaporeans organise our own Nepenthes tours for a fraction of the price?

US2600 for the Borneo(KK) trip is really too steep a price to pay.
I've checked up some tour agencies here(S'pore), and the estimated price is around S$500, which claim to include nep trails.
I plan to go this June; if it is free n easy by Air Asia, I estimated to spend only about S$300.

To be honest, I never even looked at the prices but I agree that planning your own tour would work out much cheaper.

cool sounds fun if you dont know anything.

Back