What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes tobacia

hello everyone i was wondering if anyone has any nepenthes tobacia for trace or some cuttings for sase
please pm me

I'm sorry to say it, but tobaica is nearly impossible to root from cuttings.

awww rilly ok well if anyone has a sizable one they are willing to trade please do tell me and i will tell you what i have to offer

What about air-layering to root? Half slice the vine hold open the slice with open with lfs. Then take a clump of lfs and plastic wrap the lfs around the slice after packing the slice with rooting hormone. Keel it watered and then wait for it to root.

Could also just cut off the outer layer and leave center stalk in tact. Coat with rooting hormone. Surround with damp lfs. Plastic wrap to plant and then keep moist. And wait for roots. Once rooted then clip the cutting.

What about air-layering to root? Half slice the vine hold open the slice with open with lfs. Then take a clump of lfs and plastic wrap the lfs around the slice after packing the slice with rooting hormone. Keel it watered and then wait for it to root.

Could also just cut off the outer layer and leave center stalk in tact. Coat with rooting hormone. Surround with damp lfs. Plastic wrap to plant and then keep moist. And wait for roots. Once rooted then clip the cutting.

+1. Air layering is a GREAT way to root stubborn plants, as long as you make sure the site doesn't get infected.

Physan 20. Cross watering can infect plants though too. Not that great a risk. Although if it did infect. Then just chop off below slice to take the infection off.

yes great sujjestion one problem i don have a tobiaca i am looking for one

He was just trying to tell you how to root it if.... someone were to part with a cutting for you.

Or tell someone else how to root it to possibly offer you when it does. :-/ I think this form of rootiing doesn't get used enough.

i use it on all of my plants and thank you for all of the posts

Back