What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes that may be mislabeled

I picked up a few Nepenthes for my 6th grade science classroom. I was told that these were all warm growing species or hybrids, which is what I need.

Pict 1 and 2 were labeled N. ventricosa - Can someone confirm.

Pict 3 and 4 were labeled N. Judith Finn - Not sure if this is true.

Pict 5 and 6 were completely mislabeled as not even Nepenthes, but I think they are the same as the ones labeled N. Judith Finn

Pict 7 and 8 - No label but was told it was a N. maxima hybrid.

The person that I was picking them up from did not actually know much about these. I spoke with someone else on the phone before I went to the greenhouse to get these. I can't have any shipped to me know since our day temps are 110F + right now.

Thanks for the help identifying these. :-D

Pics 1,2,7, and 8 - N. ventricosa

Pics 3,5, and 6 - N. 'Judith Finn'

Pic 4 - N. 'Judith Finn' or N. sanguinea, probably the former based on the leaves.

Jimmy

Wow. That is impressive. Fixing labels now.

I believe that N. ventricosa was recommended to me for warm growing.
Is N. 'Judith Finn' warm growing as well?

Thanks

I have good lowland/intermediate conditions right now, and ventricosas are notorious for growing very well in almost any conditions that aren't too extreme. I also grow a 'Judith Finn' and have found that it is a very good, hardy grower, just slow compared to some of my other Neps. It should do fine in warm conditions, mine does. :)

Jimmy

yeah my judith finn is super slow

Back