What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes SP1 help

deathjester

deathjester
Heya guys!
Hope it's all going well in your corner of the world.:jester:
So heres whats up, I have a Nepenthes SP1 that i got from ___________.
snagged it just about 3 to 4 weeks ago and wile almost all of my plants i got from them have made at least 1 attempt at making a trap (my, i think N.ventrata has exploded in traps :boogie:), my SP1 has done....well nothing.:-(
Has anyone grown this plant before???? I am having a lot of trouble finding info on the plant and the conditions it needs. It came with a 1/2 dead pitcher that was easy to see how spectacular it was before it died off. :censor:
I would very much like to see what it truly looks like so I need any info on how I should change the surrounding to nudge it in the right direction.
A picture of a grown plant would be awesome.:poke: I can not find one.:pics:

On a side not the plant only has 4 full leaves but they are quite big. This leads me to hypothosize that due to a lack of photosynthetic power the plant is taking longer before it makes the energy reserves for traps....maybe?:scratch:
*edit: vendor name removed*

Careful not to name vendors, DJ.

Nepenthes Sp. 1 (I do presume that you're talking about Borneo Exotics Sp. 1) is a large and vigorous intermediate plant that has tall spotted pitchers. It is in the process of being described as a new species.

Most Neps take up to 3 months to get acclimated. Once they do, you'll see regular growth and lots of pitchers. ;)

Here's a good thread on CPUK about the species. :)

Yeah, as long as the leaves are green don't sweat it too much. They require aclimating/adjusting time. Just give it all the proper care you can.

Back