What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (To Buy) Nepenthes seeds : I really enjoy villosa , truncata, edwardsiana, jamban, inermis, naga. But not limited to those just really love there pitchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have Nepenthes seeds ? I really enjoy villosa , truncata, edwardsiana, jamban, inermis, naga. But not limited to those just really love there pitchers , flare , peristomes, ect. not opposed to other nep. seeds would love see both parents though to buy them. please let me know if anyone has some to sell or share . thanks truly

I think you may have an exceedingly hard time finding those specific seeds. Most of the listed above are very rare plants and few have gotten them to flowering size, let alone 2 parents of the same species. I would say your best bet is truncata or veitchii. You could try FB or IG to see if they have any for sale. I know Jeff Shafer has Eddy for sale occasionally (~$100 per seed).

I think you may have an exceedingly hard time finding those specific seeds. Most of the listed above are very rare plants and few have gotten them to flowering size, let alone 2 parents of the same species. I would say your best bet is truncata or veitchii. You could try FB or IG to see if they have any for sale. I know Jeff Shafer has Eddy for sale occasionally (~$100 per seed).
yea i just ment i like those type pitchers and peristomes definitly know those are high end Nepenthes . but figured asking to see in case. but not opposed to other nepenthes seeds of other species/or hybrids so hopefully someone may have some for sale .

Nepenthes seeds in general are not regularly available, and anything hybrid-wise involving rare, high-end species are going to be just as rarely available as the species themselves because sowing the seeds and selling the plants is more lucrative. You'll be far better off looking for plants, as anything beyond commonplace species or hybrids thereof, is also at best usually only traded between growers, not offered out for sale.

Is there a thread on Terraforums about where to look for Nepenthes seeds, and how to evaluate sellers? Given the amount of junk that is being sold for high prices, it seems like something might be useful. I'm sure a lot of money is wasted.

I do think posting here looking for seeds is entirely reasonable, and I hope you have success. Surely there are a few people who generate some, especially hybrids.

I had a friend a few years ago who made a bunch, and I don't think he ever used them. He had/has highland species growing in a unheated greenhouse in a very mild climate just South of San Francisco, which really thrived. He made seeds, just because he "could", but he had no interest in growing from seed. He was constantly pestered for people looking for seeds for other plant groups, and I think he just didn't want to deal with more of it.

Is there a thread on Terraforums about where to look for Nepenthes seeds, and how to evaluate sellers? Given the amount of junk that is being sold for high prices, it seems like something might be useful. I'm sure a lot of money is wasted.

I do think posting here looking for seeds is entirely reasonable, and I hope you have success. Surely there are a few people who generate some, especially hybrids.

I had a friend a few years ago who made a bunch, and I don't think he ever used them. He had/has highland species growing in a unheated greenhouse in a very mild climate just South of San Francisco, which really thrived. He made seeds, just because he "could", but he had no interest in growing from seed. He was constantly pestered for people looking for seeds for other plant groups, and I think he just didn't want to deal with more of it.
totally understandable . thanks

Last edited:
again if anyone has Nepenthes seed available please let me know id be interested in some to grow thanks

Last edited:
Locked by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back