What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seeds for TF members

I have some hybrid Nepenthes seeds to give away to a couple TF members. This morning I harvested several seed pods of N. Ventrata X (inermis X bongso) and I will package up at least two lots of these seeds and donate them to members. I will give these seeds gratis, but I have one requirement: the recipient must offer something to the community in exchange, and their offering must also be given free of charge*. I regard the "pay it forward" principle in communities to be an important one which deserves fostering. I will choose two or three of the requests once I see what folks have to offer in donation. This offer is for North American members only, sorry. I'm not interested in shipping seeds out of the country.

Here are the two parents of the cross:
20120925-162525.jpg

N. Ventrata.

inermis-bongso04.jpg

N. inermis X bongso

It is unlikely that this cross will produce award winning progeny, but they are going to be easy to grow, generous with pitchers, and potentially very dark and richly colored. If all you want is experience growing Nepenthes from seed, these should be worth your time and effort. So, what will you offer other TF members in exchange for some seeds? :)

*if you are offering something that will incur a significant shipping charge, you can request reimbursement for the shipping, but the item itself must be free.

Last edited:
Amazing ! :) Im in for sure !

In the last 4 months i givaway 30+ u.calycifida seeds bags and 15 heliamphora minor for free to the community, and more to come !

Amazing ! :) Im in for sure !

In the last 4 months i givaway 30+ u.calycifida seeds bags and 15 heliamphora minor for free to the community, and more to come !

I would say that you qualify ;-) PM me your mailing info, please.
And kudos for your generosity!

Paul

Awesome offer Paul. Love the pay it foward requirement.
I give away plants randomly, but I will wait to see if someone else jumps on this. Don't want to take the opportunity away from someone who hasn't grown from seed before.

Hi Paul,
Great offer..
I offer free Lowland neps seeds today:
4 pods Nepenthes Ampullaria Army Green var.Giant for 4 people
2 pods Nepenthes Albomarginata Purple-Green var.Giant for 2 people
2 pods Nepenthes Albomarginata Brown speckle var.Giant for 2 people

or for you if you interested..

ciao..

Great offer Paul. I love the pay it forward stuff.

I will be giving away N. Ventricosa rooted cuttings in a few weeks. It's not much but I'm new to CPs. Would I qualify?

I can offer any number of the following seeds that I should have coming soon:
D. spatulata 'Tamlin'
D intermedia Easton, MA
D. sp. Lantau Island
D. dielsiana
Dionaea muscipula (typical variety, though one parent regularly produced huge traps)
Possibly D. sessilifolia
And I have small amounts of seeds from recent crosses I've made, like D. intermedia x spatulata Tamlin, D. capillaris Long Arm x Tamlin, etc.

Yet another reason I need to start growing stuff from seed/cuttings...

Offer concluded. Good luck everyone. Thanks for playing.

I have a few nice sized Drosera intermedia seed grown from Meadowview stock, and some smaller plants from stock collected in Ocean County NJ. Also some small D. filiformis from Meadowview stock that I will offer up.

I have a few nice sized Drosera intermedia seed grown from Meadowview stock, and some smaller plants from stock collected in Ocean County NJ. Also some small D. filiformis from Meadowview stock that I will offer up.

The offer was concluded yesterday, sorry; all the seeds are gone. Thanks though. Don't let that stop you from donating plants to the group!

I just received the seeds. I've got some work to do. I wasnt expecting quite that many seeds.
Thank you

I just received the seeds. I've got some work to do. I wasnt expecting quite that many seeds.
Thank you

You're welcome. Sown them thick; I suspect there are relatively few viable embryos in that lot. (IE: less than 5%)

Back