What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seed givaway

I googled it and the closest match was N. x superba x (northiana x veitchii)
I think you have a new hybrid here!

I would like some seed too. I hope it is not too late.
Will send SASE in the morning.

Would you mind posting a picture of the plant for us? It seems to be impossible to find pictures of them online. That's a good thing though. ^_^

Oh! btw is it a highland or a lowland nepenthes? Or is it like.....a......neutral...type? lol What I'm asking is what kind of conditions does it need? This'll be my..... sort of first nep. I had one before but it died from heat (oops! wrong lamp hehe ^_^;) Also, what soils do you grow them in? Sorry for being Mr. 20 questions. Thanks.

Chrono, he can't post a pic of the plant because there's no such thing yet. The closest he could come would be pics of the parents.

If you want to see an adult...well, you'll just have to do a good job with the seeds!
smile_n_32.gif

Oh I see. You know that I am scared now. It's my first nep. I beleive I am going in over my head. BUT I MUST TRY! Wich me luck....I will really need it.

SASE out yesterday (not sure why my first post saying that disappeared)

I would love to see pictures of my soon-to-be adopted kids' parents.

I found this pic of outramiana x splendiana. Outramiana is another name for superba and splendiana is anamensis x maxima. So just substitute spathulata for anamensis and you have it....yah right. With all the different varieties of maxima and superba around not to mention seedling variation this pic probably doesn't help. Looking at its parents is your best guess. Looks like an upper pitcher:
outramiana x splendiana

Which brings up another question. Could these babies look like any one of the six grandparent species? Would the vast majority look like something in between the two parents but a few lean more towards one side than any other? Here's a hopeless question. Are all plants from the same seed pod more similar than plants from other seed pods?

Here is an excellent site for searching for pictures:
Nep Hybrid Photos

What soil did you grow the parents in?

I would like some if you will have some left.I will send you a SASE this weekend.

Jerry

Chrono Pure lfs should work well. I`m going to use pure new zealend sphag when I get mine.:)

I will be off of the computer for the next 5 days. I will still send out plants and seed but will not be able to answer questions until then.

talk to you later

-Jeremiah-

Hey Jeremiah,
I would love some. I will send SASE.
BTW, I forgot to tell you; I did not go to CO, my work wouldn't give me time off. I go frequently though, I will catch up with you one of these times.

Joe

I will also send a SASE or if we set the trade you can send it with the others.

Thank,
Rose

Hello

Sorry it has taken so long but the seeds should be ready very soon.

Here is a photo of the Mother and Father

I think it will be a beautiful hybrid

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I will send out sase on tuesday Thanks a ton!
smile.gif

P.s yeah with gorgeus parents like that the offspring should be super! Especialy because the parents are simialar looking.:O

GASP!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
after like a million posts you STILL have some? save me some!!! I'll send a SASE as soon as I can.
I'm gonna kill a certain someone
smile_n_32.gif
for not letting me know about this

I just sent a s.a.s.e thanks chris reck

Hello

Everyone that has sent a sase will get seeds. We will see how many that is and if I have more I will let you know.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Luis, I didn't tell you cuz I thought he was out. >.< I do not appreciate the CONSTANT LIFE THREATS! >.< lol just kidding

Back