What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Nepenthes pollen

• Thread starter greenfire
  • Start date

greenfire

Supporter
My eymae is flowering for me for the first time.
So it looks like I was wrong. I was given the suggestion to dissect a single flower and it has the brain-like anthers inside. On the plus side, I'll have some nice eymae pollen available soon!
Hoping to make a nice cross. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh hey, I think that was me that gave you the suggestion on reddit to do the flower dissection.

Here's a link to a thread with my female. She's pretty similar to eymae already, but the uppers could stand to be more interesting, and the lowers might color up a bit. She's super easy to grow too, which should transfer to any offspring. Looking For (trade) - Looking for Nepenthes pollen

Let me know if you're interested. She doesn't seem to want to stop flowering until she gets pollinated, so there's no big rush.

Oh hey, I think that was me that gave you the suggestion on reddit to do the flower dissection.

Here's a link to a thread with my female. She's pretty similar to eymae already, but the uppers could stand to be more interesting, and the lowers might color up a bit. She's super easy to grow too, which should transfer to any offspring. Looking For (trade) - Looking for Nepenthes pollen

Let me know if you're interested. She doesn't seem to want to stop flowering until she gets pollinated, so there's no big rush.
Thank you for the help! I will definitely get you some pollen. That looks like a promising cross. I'll let you know as soon as a few flowers open up and I have some pollen.

Any photos of the eymae? I have strong suspicions my maxima x spectabilis is going to be female.

I think I might pass on the pollen; that looks a lot like some of my pure maxima uppers, not quite the broad upper traps I'd really hope to cross with in eymae.

The first flowers have finally opened! I'll have pollen soon and I will send it out. If you're interested, pm me your address. I'll let you know when it's in the mail.

Is that Eymae BE-3736?

Is that Eymae BE-3736?
No, it's a seed grown from Jeremiah Harris. I do have BE-3736 but it's only a large basal rosette right now. Fingers crossed that the uppers are correct.

Back