What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, as we all know, its been pouring all of a sudden non-stop here in Singapore. My Neps responded to this with tonnes of flowers! I have a N. mirabilis 'red' plant sending up atleast 4 inflorecence now, they are all sitll very tiny, just unwrapping (if you know what I'm talking about)
go here for pic of mother-to-be plant
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=19850
I also have coccinea and miranda pollen already from other plants and will be doing those hybrids
(anyway, anyone know if these have been done before?)

Now, the problem is I do not have enough pollen for 4 female flower spikes...Would like to request fellow Singaporaens to donate some pollen and "share" the seeds. I was thinking of ventrata or rafflesiana since chances of someone having these pollen is higher. Best if you are located in Singapore, but if you are not but VERY keen, I am OK...

For those who will be interested in seed of any the hybrids, PM me, I can give if in small amounts or trade if you want quite a few, but priority to the pollen-donar.
(fruit takes about 2-3 months to mature)
PM me to discuss
Thanks
Lam

Hi, I have male flowers of ventrata and gentle. Will this help?

Hello again,
its been nearly 5 weeks, mirabilis X xcoccinea fruits are still green but growing...

More importantly, my mirabilis is bringing out another flower! (its female) the bad part is, I have used up all the pollen on the previous 3 stalks...
confused.gif

Looking for pollen donors, any species or hybrid, but we have only about +/- 2 weeks , the flower bud is still hiding under young leaves.

Thanks

I still have gentle and ventrata flowers opening. Wld u like some pollen?

Certainly, am interested in both or any that you have, if our flowers open at same time is best, but if not, those which open closest date can be used.
Are those pollen from previous flower in the fridge or is your ventratas or gentles in spike?
Thanks

There are flowers in bloom right now and more spikes are coming up.

Hi,
Oh No!! ... ... ...Good news??
smile_l_32.gif

good and bad news, good news, yet another flwoer stalk, bad news, no pollen!

can nep pollen survive mailing from nearby countries? I cant stand to see a female inflorescence go to waste...think of all the bugs which died just to raise the flower stalk up!
If you have a male nep in bloom ( other than xmiranda or other infertile species) please PM me soon...

eBeyonder:
I have messaged you. The flower stalk is quite tall now, might need pollen very soon, I hope you have some ready...

Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lam_wn @ Sep. 22 2005,10:54)]can nep pollen survive mailing from nearby countries? I cant stand to see a female inflorescence go to waste...think of all the bugs which died just to raise the flower stalk up!
I'm sure it can Lam. I'll agree with you on the wasting part. That is, when I have a Nepenthes in bloom...
smile_l_32.gif

Back