What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotted cutting of N. x corn. bak.
N. x mixta
N. clipiata
N. khasiana

4%20tile%20cbak,%20mixta%20clip%20khasiana.jpg

N. rafflesiana var. gigantea
N. truncata
N. x rokko pitcher and flower (female)

4%20tile%20raff%20g%20trun%20rokko%20flor.jpg

Hope you liked them,
Jonathan

They're very nice photos, but perhaps a little on the large side. Try it a little smaller next time...
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

~LM

Yeah. Nice pics, but they will take about 10 minutes to download for people on dialup. Are you manually combining the pictures into a collage? Because this makes the pictures wider and harder to view at once.

Wow! They're gorgeous pics! They Look like they came out of a nepenthes book. Nice job.

great pictures... Luckily I have cable.

Can I ask you why you have what appears to be tooth picks in the pot with the rafflesiana in it?

Here is the story for the toothpicks which are in most of my pots actually:

First, they are not toothpicks; they are medical swab things with the swab part broken off. A couple months ago, it was getting dark and beginning to rain, so I went to bed. However, while I slept, something lay awake in the dark rainy night... the CP nightmare cat from hello. As the clouds wept, this cat, in search of dryness found a way to keep from saturation. However, this being an evil cat required that it destroy something in the process. It found a nice cozy spot on one of my pots. Under the dreaming cat lay a mangled N. rafflesiana 'elegance'. Early the next morning I found the mangled plant with the top layer of sphagnum flattened. I was livid, but not being one to harm animals (directly, I do grow CPs), I placed a few hundred of those swab things in my pots.

What was really annoying was that I figured that cats couldn’t do anything to my plant after I put them in big five gallon pots (they had ran across and knocked a whole lot of them). Well, the pots were just big enough to sleep on. Now I have a wire fence around my collection. Hope that answers your question FStP
smile.gif

You can see a lot more in the first tile of the first picture.

Regards,
Jonathan

Trashcan, yes, I am manually combining the pictures. It lets me put more pictures on because there is a limit to the number I can upload. Sorry if that makes them harder to see, but I personally feel that more pics is worth it.

Regards, Jonathan

Also, thanks, everyone else, for the comments. I put a lot of work in to my little ones.

You can put the pictures in replies to your thread if you run out of room, and we can also increase the limit if it's a problem. It's a much bigger problemto have to scroll sideways to read what everyone writes.

I cant see them they are too big:(

What I meant about limited in the number of pics I could upload was in reference to the PFT community hosting. However, it has changed since I began using it (before I was limited but it actually doesn't seem that way now). I'll see if I can fix it right now...

Jonathan A.

Sorry, next time I post I will try. My photo editing program is giving me trouble and won't save the files right in their smaller size. I'm not up for a headache right now, but I promise I will make sure to post single pics next time even if it takes a long time to figure out.

JA

It's fine you can leave these as is, just a tip for next time. No worries. =)

Pat

Oops, meant to add, iif you need any help next time email me - terraforums @ brokenwatch.net

Thanks, I will email if I have any probs.

JA

Back