What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes photo update

Just posting an update for an old topic.

Here are the most recent photos as of today. There are a few photos and for some may take a little to download.

N.lowii x truncata
N_lowii_x_truncata.jpg

--------------------------------

N.tiveyi x aristolochioides
N_tiveyi_x_aristolochioides.jpg

N.ventricosa x aristolochioides
N_ventricosa_x_aristolochioides.jpg

N.maxima x aristolochioides photo 1
N_maxima_x_aristolochioides_1.jpg

N.maxima x aristolochioides photo 2
N_maxima_x_aristolochioides_2.jpg

N.eymae (lower pitcher)
N_eymae_lower.jpg

N.eymae (upper pitcher)
N_eymae_upper.jpg

N.eymae x veitchii
N_eymae_x_veitchii.jpg

N.veitchii (striped)
N_veitchii_striped.jpg

N.truncata (highland form)
N_truncata_highland.jpg

More photos in the next topic.

cheers,
C

Very nice mix of plants
smile.gif

The N. veitchii doesn't look like N. veitchii to me though.  Still very pretty.

Tony

btw you can reply to your first post to add more photos to a thread, as an alternative to starting a second thread.

It's not a maxima. Checked with geoff and the name tag and it is N. veitchii (striped)

your N.tiveyi x aristolochioides is stunning, i need one of those!!! awesome pics all around

AHH!

I was going to take some pics of my N. Tiveyi x aristolochioides which has just produced a really large pitcher the size of my hand. My batteries died though! maybe later... Some very interesting N. aristolochioides hybrids. Sometimes that species is so dominant the hybrid turns out looking like a monster N. aristolochioides of sorts!

Tony

Your maxima x. aristolichioides is wonderful. It you ever propagate it let me know
smile.gif

Nice nice nice! Nice maxima, nice truncata x lowii. They are all looking good.
Thanks very much for sharing.
Robin

Yeah we want to see Tony! Take some pics please!

Hi Christian
Another very nice selection of neps there,the Tiveyi x Aristolochioides is stunning and cant wait for my Eymae to produce uppers.
Bye for now Julian

Ok charged my batteries lol

Here is the N. Tiveyi x aristolochioides I have.  The pitcher is attached to the leaf you see.
NTiveyiXaristolo1_2.jpg

Chesara,

The eymae upper and lower pictures are from different plants. the upper pitcher comes from a cutting that I got from a mate. Took it about a year to root and start pitchering in an unheated greenhouse. I was suprised I managed to keep it that long.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Great photo Tony! Have you seen the photo from geoffs' site of the lowii x aristolochioides he made? Now that hybrid is a sight to behold.
smile.gif

Hi Christian
so i suppose it will have to form a basal rosette before the cutting forms a lower one then?dont you just love neps
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Julian,

on the cutting it is producing uppers, that is correct. Although what I find interesting is that the pitcher formed on the developing basal rosette and produced the upper in the photo. It did not develop from the original climbing stem. Shouldn't it be producing lowers first or does the plant think its taller than it really is?

C

Back