What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes photo galleries

Hey folks,

I reloaded the Jurassic Gardens site (hopefully no broken links/missing images this time) along with two pages of just photos (about 60+ images) some you've seen before and some you haven't. The gallery pages take a while to load with all the thumbnails.

Jurassic Gardens Photo Tour

I hope someone will find it interesting!  
smile.gif

Nice Pics! Also when are you going to put some info and a pic of your N. mirabilis var. Echinostoma? I'm dieing to see a good pic and some good info on it. Their is like absolutely nothing on it on the net about them.

Some of the entries in "our neps" are blank/unclickable because I haven't been growing the plant long enough, even though I've had some of them for a year! It just depends on their speed of development. N. hamata became a large climbing vine within 2 years whereas N. aristo is still only 8-10 cm in diameter after 18 months growing right next to the hamata!

Right now N. mirabilis 'Echinostoma' isn't doing too much. It's growing and pitchering well in typical lowland conditions: 70/90*F night/day with 80%+ humidity and 240 W of fluorescents. So far at 15 -20 cm in diameter still not showing any signs of the flared peristome. Infact, it's still making semi juvenile pitchers but they are almost pure white in color.

Perhaps Trent can post some images and info if he's got the time. He's mentioned some of his N. Echinostomas have begun making the flattened peristomes. (I'd like to see em too!
wink.gif
)

I have one question Swords.  What does
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]N. x Judith Finn, extra floral nectaries on ventral surface of opperculum
mean in English?  Just that it has a lot of nectar glands on the bottom of the leaf?

Also, to add some more confusion. Your picture of the hitch hiking sundew looks more like a D. burmannii than a D. adelae. That's just my inexpert opinion though.

SF

We're working on the photo situation. Michelle will be putting together our new computer today. Definitely want to get some shots of N. echinostoma, even though right now they are slowing down because of the shortness of daylight hours, and nights have been coolish. All the highland stuff is really looking good now. It's amazing how fast thay came out of their summer sulk and in just a couple of growths pitcher size has quadrupled.

Trent

Hey swords,
I just was looking at your site yesterday, and I looked at every single one of the pics, which are all fabulous, no problems, except a few of the thumbnails didn't allow clicking... GREAT JOB!!
biggrin.gif
unclesam.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

The sundew is many times bigger now (in fact now an infestation) and growing wild throughout the N. hamata pot-out of the sides and the bottom. It's "definately" D. adelae or some other 8-10 cm diameter lance leaved sundew that never flowers. I know it's round bladed in this old picture but it was almost invisible when I happened to see it hiding in the moss.

Those sneaky unclickables have been fixed.
smile.gif

Back